MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
National Ice Cream Day lorend MacInsiders Announcements 15 07-18-2010 06:04 PM
just curious noghi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 12-06-2009 08:58 PM
curious :P roseB First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-19-2008 11:41 PM

Is it wrong to be curious about human breast milk ice cream?

Old 02-28-2011 at 07:38 AM   #31
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog123123 View Post
BTW on a side note alot of animals in the animal kingdom eat the placenta after they give birth.
There is a good reason why they do this.

Nutritional is one. Second and more importantly is the fact that by doing so they are able to masked the scent from nearby predators. Pretty critical to survival especially right after giving birth and having a weak baby with you.
Old 02-28-2011 at 07:46 AM   #32
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Old 02-28-2011 at 08:01 AM   #33
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Picture of a non-selfish pig
Just like twins, I can totally understand what you are trying to convey by posting that picture.

I agree with your statement. Personally, if I was the woman, I would not have a problem selling off my breast milk in order to provide a unique desert.

One concern that was brought up was by doing so, you are essentially starving the baby. From my understanding, this is a myth. The majority of women produce more than enough milk for their baby. With extra stimulation, milk production capacity can further be encourage.

There are programs already in placed that allow one to donate or sell off their excess breast milks. I do agree the trivial nature of turning it into desert versus helping another baby. But the process is quite similar.

I would love to hear some personal reasons why a female MI would not participate in such activity.
Old 02-28-2011 at 12:45 PM   #34
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...m.html?ref=rss

Gummint stopped it!
Old 02-28-2011 at 06:43 PM   #35
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
That is a valid concern.

Always good to be throughout.
Old 03-01-2011 at 04:49 PM   #36
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post
The breast milk ice cream is disgusting or the other one that was posted?

---

Ladies of MI!

Would you sell your assests in this way? If not, what would stop you?
Both are disgusting. But the other one is much much worse. Beyond disgusting, that is.

And to answer your question, I wouldn't. Why because I can't imagine eating that ice cream, let alone providing it for others to eat. =/ Seriously, like there are so many other resources for milk, why THIS?! Also, that milk is intended for newborns, not as a "product." Women =/= cows. That's basically what this is..

melodicdream likes this.