MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grade Reports meklia Academics 3 06-06-2010 05:01 PM
Grade Reports meklia Academics 1 06-02-2010 08:04 PM
Grade Reports meklia Academics 3 05-31-2010 03:46 PM
Grade release zunizoon Academics 2 04-30-2010 02:51 PM
why isnt the summer session showing up on grade report? shreya s. General Discussion 2 06-23-2009 10:15 AM

Wrong grade on grade report

Old 04-28-2010 at 09:55 PM   #1
lululand

Liked: 0 Times

Wrong grade on grade report
Hey everyone,

I took Anthropology 1A03 and on elm it states all grades correctly and adding up all my marks correctly with the exam I got B+ but on the grade report (on mugsi) it says C. I am really worried and I have no idea what to do because I got B+ not C =(

and I know I got B+ because I have all my essays and my i clicker marks and exam included I got B+

Please I need help because this is bringing down my GPA
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:03 PM   #2
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lululand View Post
Hey everyone,

I took Anthropology 1A03 and on elm it states all grades correctly and adding up all my marks correctly with the exam I got B+ but on the grade report (on mugsi) it says C. I am really worried and I have no idea what to do because I got B+ not C =(

and I know I got B+ because I have all my essays and my i clicker marks and exam included I got B+

Please I need help because this is bringing down my GPA
The best thing to do, is to contact the prof
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:03 PM   #3
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Email the prof?
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:03 PM   #4
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

Hi,

Call your faculty and address the situation there. It would also be prudent to let the course coordinator and profs know that this has come to pass and it may facilitate a quicker response as to why this is the case.

Old 04-28-2010 at 10:04 PM   #5
lululand

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post
Hi,

Call your faculty and address the situation there. It would also be prudent to let the course coordinator and profs know that this has come to pass and it may facilitate a quicker response as to why this is the case.
Thanks but what should I do if the prof isnt in Canada anymore, she went somewhere for some research
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:06 PM   #6
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lululand View Post
Thanks but what should I do if the prof isnt in Canada anymore, she went somewhere for some research
Good thing email doesn't have borders.

lululand says thanks to dmzz for this post.

goodnews.inc, xo.monica like this.
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:11 PM   #7
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

Ya you are not going to like this very much but the fact of the matter is there are many profs who wont check their emails if they have left the country; its prob for some R&R so who would right, so your best bet is a) to call the faculty and have this sort out that way; for this to work all your marks should have been already disclosed to you and either way you can see what you got on anything that wasnt handed back or B) wait till the prof returns... you have 6 months to rectify anything on your transcript and then its over

Old 04-28-2010 at 10:17 PM   #8
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post
Ya you are not going to like this very much but the fact of the matter is there are many profs who wont check their emails if they have left the country; its prob for some R&R so who would right, so your best bet is a) to call the faculty and have this sort out that way; for this to work all your marks should have been already disclosed to you and either way you can see what you got on anything that wasnt handed back or B) wait till the prof returns... you have 6 months to rectify anything on your transcript and then its over
I have never met a Professional who stops checking their work email because they are out of the country. I am sorry you have met such terrible Professors.

Old 04-28-2010 at 10:19 PM   #9
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Ha, for eng math, we have to submit a stupid ESSAY on why we think we should be allowed to see our marks. And we have to submit it in person, not by email. Then there's the fact that the last time I inquired about a mark that I thought was wrong, Childs decided I was cheating So lesson learned: If you're in math, DON'T EVER INQUIRE ABOUT YOUR MARK! Whatever they give you, they give you, and you can't fight it.
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:26 PM   #10
sun.shine

Liked: 2 Times

marks up already??
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:30 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.shine View Post
marks up already??
Yeah, some marks have been posted on the Grade Report. Surprisingly early too, since it says the 29th but I'm not complaining.
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:32 PM   #12
kldv
Just Some Guy

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Yeah, some marks have been posted on the Grade Report. Surprisingly early too, since it says the 29th but I'm not complaining.
They've been doing it since they changed the system. I think they essentially put them up before the last person in the office goes home for the night...
Old 04-28-2010 at 10:38 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldv View Post
They've been doing it since they changed the system. I think they essentially put them up before the last person in the office goes home for the night...
Interesting, I guess it's better than last semester. Although I'm still bummed they hide the marks in the degree audit now :\
Old 04-28-2010 at 11:52 PM   #14
savannah123

Liked: 4 Times

i had a similar problem (my project was apparently lost and my final grade was not what it should have been)...my prof didn't teach at mac anymore and was in some other province. and i didn't have her email.
so i contacted SOTA and from there they told me to contact the prof even though i couldn't and then i contacted the director of sota and she emailed the prof.
4 months later, the prof sent a grade change request and my old mark still appears on my grade report :(
Old 04-28-2010 at 11:55 PM   #15
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

I took the same course, and although I had nothing as major as a B+ to C, I feel as though I've been gipped as well.

My mark should round to the next highest grade level, or so I think.

Can anyone tell me if Mac rounds down or up? E.g., 74.6% would be an 8 or a 9?