MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
Summer Course at York (Pre-reqs) cowcow Academics 0 03-13-2010 02:25 AM
summer school siefer1322 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 01-16-2010 01:48 PM
Required courses for second year, med school, summer school, etc. kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 12-26-2009 07:14 PM

york summer school

Old 02-23-2011 at 03:44 PM   #1
marido

Liked: 5 Times

york summer school
does anyone know when and where to apply for summer school at york
i know u get the letter of permission through online but
anyone who have experience with doing summer school at york help me out please?
Old 02-23-2011 at 08:32 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by marido View Post
does anyone know when and where to apply for summer school at york
i know u get the letter of permission through online but
anyone who have experience with doing summer school at york help me out please?
You should just look for it on the YorkU website, or better yet just call York U.
Old 02-24-2011 at 05:10 PM   #3
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Liked: 14 Times

http://futurestudents.yorku. ca/visiting%20#how

( if you are takingf a course at york that will be counted at mac you are a visiting student)

How do I apply as a Visiting Student?
  1. Fill out the York University application
    (electronic:

http://futurestudents.yorku. ca/applying/onlineapp

or paper version) and pay the application fee.
  2. Submit the appropriate supporting documentation.
    • If you already hold a university degree, send us an official transcript showing degree conferred.
    • If you are attending on a Letter of Permission*, send us the Letter of Permission from your home institution.
    • If you are fulfilling the requirements for a professional designation, send us:
      • proof of membership (including full, associate or student memberships) in an
        approved professional association.
        OR
        official transcripts or academic assessments (e.g. a list of courses) prepared by or on behalf of an approved professional association.
  3. Make sure you meet our language proficiency requirements for admission to the University.
  4. Apply to RN to MScN Alternate Admission.
Send your documents to the Office of Admissions.
Old 03-08-2011 at 10:01 PM   #4
Hannah

Liked: 0 Times

I'm admitted and they sent an e-mail asking me to accept the offer but I've searched everywhere and couldn't see where I could accept the offer... Any help?? T T
Old 03-10-2011 at 12:11 AM   #5
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Same here.. no idea where im supposed to be accepting it..
Old 03-10-2011 at 12:38 AM   #6
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

I've been admitted. What do I do next?
Now that you've been admitted to York, here are your next steps:
  1. Accept your offer through MyFile.
  2. Register and enroll in your courses.
  3. Pay your fees.
  4. Get your YU Card, check into transportation or parking and get your textbooks.
  5. Get oriented to the campus (e.g. libraries, food services, York Lanes, sport and recreation, social events etc).
source: the same post referenced in a previous post
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:03 PM   #7
Hannah

Liked: 0 Times

WHERE in MyFile?
Old 03-10-2011 at 06:08 PM   #8
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
  3. Pay your fees.
  4. Get your YU Card, check into transportation or parking and get your textbooks.
  5. Get oriented to the campus (e.g. libraries, food services, York Lanes, sport and recreation, social events etc).
OMGWTFBBQ!

MyFile looks so much better than MUGSI and SOLAR. That's kind of sad.
Old 03-11-2011 at 03:53 PM   #9
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick View Post
  3. Pay your fees.

Ive seen this page but the problem is there is no option in Myfile to actually accept the offer. I plan on calling york next week . All I see is next steps: blank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg next steps.JPG (15.4 KB, 30 views)
Old 03-11-2011 at 03:59 PM   #10
mellye
Elite Member

Liked: 29 Times

When I went last year, I never had to accept... They just let me choose courses. You also won't get a YU Card. :( Very confusing for the invigilators.

And good luck calling. They have one line for registrar and financial aid.. good times.
Old 03-11-2011 at 07:19 PM   #11
lankan_4lif

Liked: 9 Times

Yeah, I never had to accept an offer either. I applied as a visiting student and paid a certain amount of the fee as a deposit. For some reason, I was enrolled but they wouldn't let me choose the course I wanted to take so I had to call them up and then I was able to choose the course.

As well, I got a YuCard, you just got to go to one of the registrar's office or something to get a picture taken and they give you the YuCard like a few minutes after you take the picture. Much faster than it is at Mac.
Old 03-11-2011 at 10:52 PM   #12
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

Ive had to call them so many times alerady bc they messed up things with my account.. so im alright with the wait.
I duno about accepting an offer, but i know my housemate that took summer school there had to get a yu card.....
I guess i should ask her if she ever had to accept anything .. i just figured that we did .. since its in the instructions to visiting students..
Old 03-11-2011 at 10:55 PM   #13
guest_295
Happy and Helpful

oh.. she doesnt remember.. so no help i guess, gotta wait til I call
Old 03-12-2011 at 11:07 PM   #14
Parminder S
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 18 Times

Can anyone help me out? I'm in Biomedical Engineering and I'd like to know if there is an equivalent course to Chem 2E03 at York? I've checked the website, and Mac says that York's Intro to Thermodynamics course is equivalent to Chem 2*03, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if this means that the asterisk an replace any letter?
Old 03-12-2011 at 11:17 PM   #15
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parminder S View Post
Can anyone help me out? I'm in Biomedical Engineering and I'd like to know if there is an equivalent course to Chem 2E03 at York? I've checked the website, and Mac says that York's Intro to Thermodynamics course is equivalent to Chem 2*03, so I'm wondering if anyone knows if this means that the asterisk an replace any letter?
I'm pretty sure. I'm going to check next week with the engineering office to make sure because I might take this course too.