Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Halloween 1280? snair General Discussion 6 11-01-2009 12:48 AM

What are you going to be for Halloween?

Old 10-27-2010 at 04:41 PM   #91
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Phillip J. Fry, fooz.

First time my hair will be a different colour... Of course it would be bright orange...
Old 10-27-2010 at 08:47 PM   #92
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replekia View Post
The halloween costumes at value village are mainly new, unlike everything else which is donated. It is only natural it costs more.

that being said, the last 2 years for halloween I was working at the YMCA as a lifeguard. I got time and a half and all I had to do was watch the one jehovah's witness family swim for 5 hours.. So I really don't know what qualifies as expensive for a halloween costume off-hand
Ughhh please link me up with a life guard job. My qualifications are just sitting here... /sob. While I'm slaving away in a restaurant getting underpaid.
Old 10-27-2010 at 10:30 PM   #93
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

CHANGE IN PLAN...

GOING TO BE A ROMANI (a.k.a. Gypsy)!

Turns out I am actually of Romani decent. My father's side of the family are all of Romani roots, all starting (as far as they can trace back) with a guy named Tuvia. Thanks to that, I have over 27 cousins, just from that side of the family.

Anyway!....Yeah. Gypsy. Fun.
Old 10-27-2010 at 10:47 PM   #94
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

I'm seeking to do something akin to Mr. Moneybags/high-society type.

http://thephilanthropicfamil y.file...?w=260&h =240

Cane, monocle, tophat, the jacket, shoes would be pure bonus. Looking to do it on the cheap and without a huge time donation-- only going to be able to go hunting for stuff on Friday around 2:30 or 3:30, and early Saturday.

Places to look & locations, please. I've heard Value Village in this thread and am thinking Goodwill/Salvation Army would also be good choices. I have no idea where any of those could be, aside from being somewhere along King or Main in the downtown area. I'll be going up the Mountain Friday, so ideas in that area would be fantastic, too.

Perhaps a Dollar Store will have cane/monocle? Assistance!

Thanks.

Old 10-27-2010 at 10:54 PM   #95
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

If you go up the mountain to Limeridge, you can take a look there, and Value Village is on the way there/back in you take the 25. There's also a dry cleaners in Westdale (on King street, near Snooty Fox) that sells clothes that were not picked up on Fridays/Saturdays, suits being a large part of the items on sale. The prices are good, but the selection probably won't be.

Also check out Party Packagers, you should be able to find a monocle there. I think its in Meadowlands.

eullwm likes this.
Old 10-27-2010 at 10:58 PM   #96
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
If you go up the mountain to Limeridge, you can take a look there, and Value Village is on the way there/back in you take the 25. There's also a dry cleaners in Westdale (on King street, near Snooty Fox) that sells clothes that were not picked up on Fridays/Saturdays, suits being a large part of the items on sale. The prices are good, but the selection probably won't be.

Also check out Party Packagers, you should be able to find a monocle there. I think its in Meadowlands.
Well hot damn. I'm heading to Limeridge, and I'm about a minute from that dry cleaners. Most likely can requisition people from around Meadowlands to investigate for me. Any potential thoughts for a cane, aside from garage sales?

Marlowe, you are a godsend. Let's battle sometime.

Old 10-28-2010 at 03:30 AM   #97
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
CHANGE IN PLAN...

GOING TO BE A ROMANI (a.k.a. Gypsy)!

Turns out I am actually of Romani decent. My father's side of the family are all of Romani roots, all starting (as far as they can trace back) with a guy named Tuvia. Thanks to that, I have over 27 cousins, just from that side of the family.

Anyway!....Yeah. Gypsy. Fun.
Cool. I'll dress up as a tourist in Europe and you can try and sell me a bunch of shit I don't want.
Old 10-28-2010 at 07:46 AM   #98
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Cool. I'll dress up as a tourist in Europe and you can try and sell me a bunch of shit I don't want.
more like distract you with the sale and then STEAL your shit...

this clip wasn't exactly what i had in mind but you get the idea.....
Old 10-28-2010 at 07:57 AM   #99
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

I decided to have fun and am going out. However, main event of the weekend=watching that new show "The Walking Dead" which looks awesome.

justinsftw, Marlowe like this.
Old 10-28-2010 at 09:11 AM   #100
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

I'm going as a nudist on strike.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 10-28-2010 at 09:19 AM   #101
AdelaisAer
Legendary Survivor

Liked: 118 Times

Gypsies and the whole stealing thing is just an urban myth. > >;
Old 10-28-2010 at 12:53 PM   #102
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
Well hot damn. I'm heading to Limeridge, and I'm about a minute from that dry cleaners. Most likely can requisition people from around Meadowlands to investigate for me. Any potential thoughts for a cane, aside from garage sales?

Marlowe, you are a godsend. Let's battle sometime.
For sure!

Also, I think Shopper's has canes, although they're intended for old/injured people, so they might not look classy enough. It can't hurt to check though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
I decided to have fun and am going out. However, main event of the weekend=watching that new show "The Walking Dead" which looks awesome.
I totally posted about that show in one of the TV Show threads, it looks spectacular. AMC is so ridiculous with the amazing shows they put out now (Mad Men, Breaking Bad)- definitely going to overtake Showtime and HBO if they keep up this pace.

For those who haven't seen the trailer:

Last edited by Marlowe : 10-28-2010 at 12:57 PM.

crazyfree likes this.
Old 10-28-2010 at 04:50 PM   #103
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaisAer View Post
Gypsies and the whole stealing thing is just an urban myth. > >;
No, it's not...

Unless I got the one handful of gypsies who love to live up to the stereotype.

[email protected]
I watched every episode with the hope of "something this famous MUST be good."
It wasn't. I want 5 seasons of my life back.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 10-28-2010 at 05:36 PM   #104
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
You should read the comics on which the show is based!

crazyfree likes this.
Old 10-28-2010 at 08:30 PM   #105
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

Justin Bieber! LOL