MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Investing. ninjamachete General Discussion 13 06-20-2011 11:22 AM
What is there to do in Finance? lawleypop Volunteering Opportunities 48 07-20-2010 02:11 PM
Minor in Finance John H General Discussion 23 10-10-2009 12:11 AM
MSU Tour With The VP Finance Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 08-30-2009 03:40 AM
New Personal Finance Course Chad Academics 1 07-27-2007 03:35 PM

Are you passionate about investing and finance?

Old 11-17-2011 at 02:46 PM   #1
jordko

Liked: 13 Times

Are you passionate about investing and finance?
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to start up a small online club/enterprise. Our team currently has 3 members and were anxiously waiting to grow!
If your passionate about finance, investing and planning for the future you could be a crucial asset to this ventures success.

Those who respond first will be considered for executive positions within the group.

This ad is not limited to commerce and economics students but rather is available to all. Some positions include writers, editors, programmers, analysts and more!

For details and more information please contact me via macinsiders private message or post your contact information here.

Last edited by jordko : 11-18-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-17-2011 at 03:57 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Have you heard of MacIC and the Global Trading Club?

http://macic.ca/
http://macglobal.ca/

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

NahLeoNah likes this.
Old 11-17-2011 at 04:21 PM   #3
jordko

Hey, yes we've heard of the mac clubs, this is going to be more of a club outside of mcmaster which will one day be profitable. Thank you for the advice though.
Old 11-17-2011 at 04:23 PM   #4
NahLeoNah
Account Locked

Liked: 2 Times

Lol at you thinking you have the expertise and monetary resources to start a hedge fund.
Old 11-17-2011 at 04:25 PM   #5
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Not interested in going into business with some random students who probably don't know what they're doing. Also, since the three currently in the group already know each other, they're probably going to try to take the top positions in the "enterprise" and take the majority of the profits and prestige for themselves if this venture ever ends up making a dime (which it likely won't). Pass.
Old 11-17-2011 at 07:29 PM   #6
jordko

Re:NahLeoNah, Hello, we are not looking to start a hedge fund. I don't know where you got that idea from. We will not be collecting any money, but rather we're looking to help educate the public. I can't say that my advice or anyone I know will make you rich, but I can put an idea and a point of view out there and hope that you can profit from it.

I don't know about you, but I would much rather deal with my peers and fellow investors than be told what to believe by banks and other institutions. While most mutual funds are averaging around a 10% return for this year, I've been able to secure a 25% return from doing my own research. I can only imagine how successful I, and others, can be when we all share ideas and advice.
Old 11-17-2011 at 11:46 PM   #7
EngStud

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordko View Post
Re:NahLeoNah, Hello, we are not looking to start a hedge fund. I don't know where you got that idea from. We will not be collecting any money, but rather we're looking to help educate the public. I can't say that my advice or anyone I know will make you rich, but I can put an idea and a point of view out there and hope that you can profit from it.

I don't know about you, but I would much rather deal with my peers and fellow investors than be told what to believe by banks and other institutions. While most mutual funds are averaging around a 10% return for this year, I've been able to secure a 25% return from doing my own research. I can only imagine how successful I, and others, can be when we all share ideas and advice.
This sounds interesting.

I've always been interesting in finance and investing (especially in shareholding).

However, I don't have much experience apart from watching consistently CNBC and taking econ courses as electives. Is there any way I can join ?
Old 12-30-2011 at 01:01 PM   #8
geoffrose

Liked: 0 Times

who's got money to invest, with tuition etc taking all