MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favourite TV shows? ShesTheMan Movies & Television 44 10-08-2010 10:48 AM
One of my favourite videos Katia Computers & Tech 3 04-15-2010 12:30 PM
Favourite Album(s)? (Recommendations Welcome) Proxy Music 48 01-25-2010 07:54 PM
What is your favourite... xxsumz General Discussion 13 06-04-2009 11:08 PM
Vote for your favourite TA Chad Academics 0 02-11-2008 06:33 PM

Your Favourite Profs

Old 11-29-2009 at 12:49 AM   #76
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
Mr Marc Oullette-CSTC 1BB3(No longer at Mac :()

Lol did ****ing peter george finally get tired of him?
Why would Peter George get tired of him?

He left/was let go for the Fall semester because of McMaster laying of sessionals/budget cuts. He now appears to be back for the winter term though, only for CSTC 1BB3(Probably because they couldn't find anyone else currently in the department to teach it?)

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 11-29-2009 at 01:13 AM   #77
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Dr. Dej
Dr. Goldreich
Dr. Dushoff
Dr. Agarwal (he's not here anymore though)

Can I name my least favourite profs too?
Dudley
I have other profs I didn't like too much but Dudley surpasses them by a mile so I don't think they belong in the same list as her. She might be better in plant bio because it's her thing but wow she SUCKS for genetics.
I actually really like Dudley for Genetics, and definitely prefer her to Dej. Dudley has a voice that kindof forces you to pay attention. Dr. Dej is super nice, really helpful, and has great notes, but as soon as she starts talking I fall asleep. She just has no stage presence.

I'm also not a fan of Agarwal. He was funny, but he couldn't teach the material well.
Old 11-29-2009 at 09:52 AM   #78
Harlequin

Liked: 35 Times

Yeah Dudley lectures okay, I just don't like her because she doesn't know what she's talking about half the time. Her answer to half of the questions asked is 'I don't know.'

I know what you mean about Dej, but at least she knows what she's talking about and she explains the material well.
Old 11-29-2009 at 11:07 AM   #79
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

Ken Sills is an amazing prof as well.

Im taking Physics 1BB3 with him right now ... and he has actually made me LOVE the course. I would never have believed that I would love a physics course in my life ! =P

Old 11-29-2009 at 03:07 PM   #80
salimak

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post
Ken Sills is an amazing prof as well.

Im taking Physics 1BB3 with him right now ... and he has actually made me LOVE the course. I would never have believed that I would love a physics course in my life ! =P
I can't believe you just said you loved physics lol
Ps: OMg you and your signature quote
Salima

Reinstader for Physics was pretty chilin too
Old 11-29-2009 at 07:54 PM   #81
AlienSummer

Liked: 55 Times

Dr. Miall in sociology. Always interesting, a fair marker, and great at running class discussions. She really gets you to think outside of the box, and is incredibly approachable.

Dr. Carter in religious studies. So entertaining! Also, incredibly approachable and open to hear what students have to say. Her lecturing style is really laid back, but always informative.
Old 11-29-2009 at 07:57 PM   #82
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Yeah Dudley lectures okay, I just don't like her because she doesn't know what she's talking about half the time. Her answer to half of the questions asked is 'I don't know.'

I know what you mean about Dej, but at least she knows what she's talking about and she explains the material well.
Fair enough.

I'm pretty sure we've had almost all the same Profs, lol.
Old 11-30-2009 at 02:26 PM   #83
moops
Elite Member

Liked: 40 Times

Dr. Dudley is grreat for Bio 2D03. She really knows her stuff and enjoys the material so much its infectious.

Dr. Kee Yong for Anthrop 2F03. He is great at keeping the material interesting. He always relates the topics to current events and goes off-topic so much it keeps you paying attention

Old 11-30-2009 at 03:00 PM   #84
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimak View Post
I can't believe you just said you loved physics lol
Ps: OMg you and your signature quote
Salima

Reinstader for Physics was pretty chilin too
lol salima !!!

HEZ TAT GOOD

Also Dr. Dej is an amazing prof ... cuz she can actually teach and explain to us the nitty gritty details with ease.

As goes for Dr. Laura Parker for Origins ... has an amazing way to 'dumb down' stuff for the class, especially for non-science students ...

Old 11-30-2009 at 05:56 PM   #85
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katia View Post
dr bontis
holy **** dr. bontis?

this clown showed us a video of how he bought a Lincoln Navigator for cheap in the USA. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Old 11-30-2009 at 09:06 PM   #86
paperplanes

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
Mr Marc Oullette-CSTC 1BB3(No longer at Mac :()

Lol did ****ing peter george finally get tired of him?
he's teaching ENG1BB3 next sem lol
Old 12-07-2009 at 06:12 PM   #87
madBiologist

Liked: 12 Times

I really liked Dr Boreham for Bio 1A03... He's hilarious and interesting, but his test questions are the worst. Really. For each question, getting a correct answer relies about 20% on actually knowing the material and 80% on sorting out the semantics of the question.

Dr Dej is really good. I'm not a big fan of her lectures but she is super helpful during office hours.

My favorite is Hatala for chemistry though... I actually had Britz but I was failing... Once I started going to Hatala's lectures my mark improved noticably
Old 12-12-2009 at 12:52 AM   #88
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Lots of posters on here are from science and psych, it looks like. I don't know who anyone to talking about, haha.

My favourites are
Professor McElligot (no longer at Mac), most interesting and funny prof EVER
Professor Hering, so involved and friendly and wants to help
Professor Bierling, the best explainer of math concepts to people who don't understand anything about math (Pol Sci - Stats)
Professor Mercier, interesting lectures and friendly
Professor Horn, interesting lectures and friendly

Last edited by Kathy2 : 12-12-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-12-2009 at 04:08 AM   #89
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

From my experience in first-year Eng:

Dr. Aaron Childs (in case it wasn't obvious at this point)
Dr. Hatem Zurob

From what I've seen:

Dr. Jonathan Yazinski. This man is absolutely fantastic, and I am severely disappointed no one's mentioned him in this thread yet. He teaches Engineering Math IV (2ZZ3) next term, but I went to his Stats 1L03 lecture this term to check him out. I ended up going to more than half the ones left, just because he was so entertaining. I could also tell that he was very concerned about the effectiveness of his teaching, always asking the students if he was going too fast or too slow.

Dr. Joey Kish seems like a good person from the events I've seen him at, but I haven't been to any of his lectures yet. Same goes for Dr. Provatas. Both, plus Dr. Zurob, are teaching Materials 1M03 next term though, so as far as I'm concerned, it's a win/win/win situation for anyone in first-year Eng.

Cameron Churchhill is also a great, enthusiastic lecturer. It's a shame that only a handful of students in Society, B. Tech, or Civ Eng get to appreciate him though.

Last edited by Entropy : 12-12-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-14-2009 at 03:06 AM   #90
Richa

Liked: 11 Times

Dr. Beston (Animal Behaviour/Behavioural Processes)
Dr. Dushoff (Bio)
Dr. Dej (Bio)
Dr. Kajiura (Bio)
They are all awesome..love their teaching style!

Richa Sud
Hon. Psychology (BSc.) IV