MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friendly reminder AngieC Academics 1 09-17-2013 12:13 PM
Vegan Friendly Restaraunt Cliu91 Body & Food 4 09-07-2011 11:51 AM
Vegan Friendly Restaraunt Cliu91 General Discussion 7 02-28-2011 05:44 PM
Health Science Library Internet Pay919 Academics 2 11-03-2010 11:09 AM

Your friendly Science and Engineering Library here!

Old 01-21-2014 at 09:56 AM   #1
ThodeLibrary

Liked: 7 Times

Your friendly Science and Engineering Library here!
Hello all,

I am just starting this thread for any students who may have any library or research related questions. Need help finding a book or with anything in general, we'll be glad to help out, so post your questions in this thread.

--
Forum posts by Thode Library Services Staff | Follow us on twitter @ThodeLibrary
Get online library help: library.mcmaster.ca/justask

Last edited by ThodeLibrary : 01-22-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-21-2014 at 02:19 PM   #2
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

I mostly staying in the basement, so I'm gonna ask questions about basement only.

When will you soundproof walls in the group-work rooms, so when another idiot decides to lock himself in and watch FIFA tournament finals at full volume, he won't bother every single person trying to study on the floor?

Why is the outer door of men's bathroom open most of the time? Every time I'm in there minding my own business, and someone opens the inner door leaving or going into the bathroom, everyone who's passing by can see my moderately sized friend.

Who came up with that daisy-chaining of tables in the far reading corner? Half of those tables have wires so short, you can't even connect it to anything, and if you finally finally get a connected table, someone down the row decides to plug their ginormous DC blocks in, unplugging you and everyone else. Give me 20 bucks, I'll buy some extension cords for the university, or ask the MSU president to cheap in and buy one, his salary allows it.

By the way, that Harry is not me. He's just a hack.

JasyJ925 says thanks to MrPlinkett for this post.

RyanC likes this.
Old 01-21-2014 at 06:14 PM   #3
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

The only thing I have to comment is how disgusting thode washrooms are.......

Entropy likes this.
Old 01-21-2014 at 06:43 PM   #4
BilluBarber
Account Locked

Liked: 4 Times

Fix the thode washrooms, [moderated] clean that stuff up

Last edited by Grover : 01-21-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Adult content
Old 01-22-2014 at 08:47 AM   #5
ThodeLibrary

Hey there, to answer your questions, while the study rooms are not necessarily a quiet study but students in the study rooms are expected to observe some level of silence out of respect to those outside. If you find that there's anyone who's causing a disturbance from one of those rooms feel free to let any of our staff know or politely let them know. Also, we're working on a study space (near the multi-faith prayer room) that is even more isolated and meant to cut out the outside sound, hopefully it should be ready soon.

The outer door to the basement washroom only tends to be open when it's being cleaned otherwise the door should be closed. If you notice it open more often than not, let us know, but we do try and keep the door closed.

We'll look into the tables in the far reading corner to get more extension cords and power bars in that area. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 01-22-2014 at 08:50 AM   #6
ThodeLibrary

re: "Fix the thode washrooms, [moderated] clean that stuff up" and "The only thing I have to comment is how disgusting thode washrooms are......."

While we definitely appreciate your comments, and I want to assure everyone that we take them seriously, I would also like to suggest a certain amount of civility in our discussion.

We recognize that there has been some challenges with maintaining an appropriate level of cleanliness in Thode at certain times. Unfortunately, sanitation and custodial services is not something that we have any direct control over, but we can do our best to communicate your complaints to the right people. The staff at Thode also have to use the same washrooms you do, so we recognize the need for a higher standard of sanitation.

Rest assured that we are working on talking to the appropriate people to get something done.

Last edited by ThodeLibrary : 01-22-2014 at 09:50 AM. Reason: More complete response.
Old 01-22-2014 at 10:06 AM   #7
ThodeLibrary

Oh, and Mr. Plinkett, I am a big fan of RedLetterMedia, too.

Grover, MrPlinkett like this.
Old 01-22-2014 at 01:42 PM   #8
PhilM

Liked: 148 Times

The library has become sentient! Run for your life!