MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eng Jackets Syngatezz General Discussion 23 06-09-2010 09:41 AM
Eng. Jackets aaront General Discussion 3 11-16-2009 09:34 AM
Questions about bursaries and Engineering jackets HeatherH General Discussion 39 02-07-2009 12:04 PM
Where to buy MAC '87 Jackets? Allan General Discussion 7 02-06-2009 09:06 PM
McMaster Jackets james2255 General Discussion 4 10-03-2007 08:00 PM

Engineering Jackets

Old 11-24-2010 at 10:32 PM   #16
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

lol at the Carleton Eng jacket. Brutal. Anyways OP got his answer why the disrespectful comments?
Old 11-24-2010 at 10:33 PM   #17
BenTran

Liked: 3 Times

Cause haters will always hate
manap3000
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-24-2010 at 10:57 PM   #18
s.almeida

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
and you'll always suck at driving whats ur poiNT?
I can see by your sidebar information that you are in Science. You are probably just starting a flame war, I presume, because you didnt get into engineering, and you realize you wont have a job when you leave school.
Old 11-25-2010 at 12:01 AM   #19
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

No flame wars... As the guy who set the company up to come and sell the jackets this year, I'll settle this once and for all, authoritatively, and with a TOTAL bias that doesn't matter: The jackets RULE, there's nothing better than the jackets, and any attempt to say otherwise is completely naive.

Now that that's settled: I have been in contact with the company in the past few days, not that they're off-schedule, but just to arrange for when I should pick them up (they don't get delivered). They're done, with the exception of liners in 2/3 of them. So he was going to give me a definite date on Monday with how far that has gone, and I told him I would likely be there for the first weekend in December then, and he didn't object, so I believe he can meet that target. FYI: This was the original expected date when we set the jacket sales up, and he met that target, despite receiving an order about twice as large as normal this year.

Anyways, assuming they are in that weekend, I will be getting them out on that Monday, from the Drain (in the BLUE Lounge), and because exams are after that, you will be able to e-mail me, or stay in touch, and I'll try to do another hand-out day in the middle of exams. Ultimately though, you're going to have the jackets to keep you warm all the way to your exams, and back home.

See you soon guys!

Entropy says thanks to mike_302 for this post.

BenTran likes this.
Old 11-25-2010 at 01:52 AM   #20
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.almeida View Post
I can see by your sidebar information that you are in Science. You are probably just starting a flame war, I presume, because you didnt get into engineering, and you realize you wont have a job when you leave school.
Why are you trying to start a flame war with your gross assumptions?

I fuel flame wars cause I have nothing better to do...

So here you go.

Last edited by Toast : 11-25-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-25-2010 at 05:05 AM   #21
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

excuse me? carbon nanotubes cheaper than titanium?
fucking BBT writers dont know shit
Old 11-25-2010 at 06:13 AM   #22
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

gross jackets are gross.
Old 11-25-2010 at 08:04 AM   #23
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Personally I love the jackets. They look amazing and appear to be of quality craftsmanship. As a life sci student I am a little jealous of them, and wish that science or life sci would follow suit and get some faculty specific clothing (really, noone counts T-shirts...). Their unique design really makes them stick out in a crowd, and I believe that is why there is some disagreement on whether or not they are awesome. There are a lot of people who just don't like clothes that make you stick out like that; they prefer a more subtle appearance.

Regardless, I feel they are a great representation of the engineering faculty on campus and that they are way cooler than the jackets of 30 years ago. Next time I'm home I'll try to remember to get a picture of my father's engineering jacket from 30-some years ago to post here, it could be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
excuse me? carbon nanotubes cheaper than titanium?
BBT writers dont know jack
Gotta agree with this. Quick google search puts carbon nanotubes @ roughly $95 dollars per gram and titanium @ $200 per pound. obviously titanium is the cheaper of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
gross jackets are gross.
fail troll is fail.

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 11-25-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-25-2010 at 09:11 AM   #24
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

You obviously have ZERO fashion sense if you find that jacket remotely nice. Everyone else laughs at how stupid you look in that.

lol @ sticking out from the crowd, yeah... like a sore thumb.

But I honestly wouldn't expect an engineer to know how to dress properly.

Last edited by Rakim : 11-25-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-25-2010 at 09:18 AM   #25
Freija
Elite Member

dude
chill the fuck out
people dont buy it to be fashionable
they buy it cause they like being an engineer
Old 11-25-2010
Rakim
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-25-2010 at 09:28 AM   #26
Freija
Elite Member

hey dude
u mad?
Old 11-25-2010 at 09:58 AM   #27
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.almeida View Post
really no ones going to take exceptionto that? and that doesnt change the fact that the jackets are fugly as hell. stupid oompa loompa
Old 11-25-2010 at 10:37 AM   #28
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

And I repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
No flame wars... As the guy who set the company up to come and sell the jackets this year, I'll settle this once and for all, authoritatively, and with a TOTAL bias that doesn't matter: The jackets RULE, there's nothing better than the jackets, and any attempt to say otherwise is completely naive.
Sorry boys and girls, if you've been saying/thinking anything else