MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eng Jackets Syngatezz General Discussion 23 06-09-2010 09:41 AM
Eng. Jackets aaront General Discussion 3 11-16-2009 09:34 AM
Questions about bursaries and Engineering jackets HeatherH General Discussion 39 02-07-2009 12:04 PM
Where to buy MAC '87 Jackets? Allan General Discussion 7 02-06-2009 09:06 PM
McMaster Jackets james2255 General Discussion 4 10-03-2007 08:00 PM

Engineering Jackets

Old 12-02-2010 at 09:54 AM   #46
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjdg View Post
Hey, I'm just basing my assumption off of people complaining and whining that there's like 2 girls. Not to mention all of the competition those guys have for those 2 girls, probably using every trick in the book. They must be queens.
No, the girls in our program are treated the same as everyone else. I'll be the first to admit we need more SoEn girls, but there's no "competition" for them. If you think that, you probably have a flawed, satirical view of Eng.
Old 12-02-2010 at 09:56 AM   #47
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

Quote:
Hey, I'm just basing my assumption off of people complaining and whining that there's like 2 girls. Not to mention all of the competition those guys have for those 2 girls, probably using every trick in the book. They must be queens.
No, the girls in our program are treated the same as everyone else. I'll be the first to admit we need more SoEn girls, but there's no "competition" for them.

If you truly think that, you probably have a flawed, satirical view of Eng.
Old 12-02-2010 at 11:24 AM   #48
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

who really gives a shit.

Go do your work, pass your courses. Get your degree and get on with your life.
I don't get why people complain so much about other faculties, were all here for the same reason...
The education.

Too much complaining from people...
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:14 PM   #49
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
That's exactly what it is. Us guys are jealous that you guys have 2+- girls in your program. Full of spite and envy. I hope your 4 years at Mac is long-lived. I suppose you'll need the engineering jackets though, to get attention from other ladies, right?
Well, when we are going to graduate, chicks are gonna be after us for sure $$$.

And I've seen hot chicks in Engineering. They're may not be alot of women in Engineering but at least that's good for us guys. We can concentrate more and get somewhere.

ENGINEERING FTW !!!!

By the way, engineers made the thing you're looking at right now.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:19 PM   #50
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

I think I saw someone wearing one of these today. Are they mid-brown leather, with a McMaster crest on the left side and 'McMaster University' written under it? If so, it look pretty good. Classy, which is hard to pull off with leather. Won't suit everyone though.

EDIT: Oddly, I never saw anything on the jacket associating it to engineering. Unless it's on the back. I didn't see the back.

Last edited by SilentWalker : 12-02-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:26 PM   #51
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

I for one have not seen this year's jacket but the jackets from previous years look terrible. That said, if I was in Engineering, I would probably get one for the sake of the tradition that comes with it. It's really nice to have a program with a good sense of tradition and unity. I must say, as a Mac Science grad, our faculty lacked this tradition and unity.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:31 PM   #52
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
I think I saw someone wearing one of these today. Are they mid-brown leather, with a McMaster crest on the left side and 'McMaster University' written under it? If so, it looks pretty good. Won't suit everyone though.

EDIT: Oddly, I never saw anything on the jacket associating it to engineering. Unless it's on the back. I didn't see the back.
Yes thats the one. There is McMaster engineering written at the back. on the right arm they should have the program they are in and on the left they would have the graduating year.

To quote all the commies who are trying to make us feel bad about the number of girls in our programs, I admit we do have a shortage of girls but at least we make the 4/5 years at Mac worthwhile and not boring trying to study some theory which can only be applied if a country has a perfect economy. Because honestly you commies (in general) do a sh_it job at improving a countries economy. Have a look around you. Oh wait, you can't have a look around you because you have your heads stuck way far down into the ground to realize what is happening. And yeah don't try to become a lawyer because you will fail miserably at it.

Commander likes this.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:32 PM   #53
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Its because you're Faculty didn't care much about Undergrad. Engineering is the only professional program on campus. And so there is much more focus on undergrads, especially to make them feel good since the course load is heavy.

Above post just pwns ur asses. Go ENGINEERING!!!!

jajas likes this.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:35 PM   #54
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

@jajas I don't understand why people make such a fuss about how many girls there are in Engineering? Just let it be.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:37 PM   #55
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

I would honestly like to know what non-engineers are doing in this thread.
Honestly, this thread is meant to provide information to engineers who purchased a leather jacket at the beginning of the year.
It does not concern anyone else of any other faculty.

Commander, jajas like this.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:43 PM   #56
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
That's exactly what it is. Us guys are jealous that you guys have 2+- girls in your program. Full of spite and envy. I hope your 4 years at Mac is long-lived. I suppose you'll need the engineering jackets though, to get attention from other ladies, right?
Hey, buddy pull your head out of your as_s and read the first post in this thread.

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...ets-17506.html

He/she is commie just like you and they actually think the jackets are for everyone. Therefore people in other faculties DO (notice the emphasis) envy us because we have something that shows who we are and what we do. I did see this one guy wearing a Humanities leather jacket, but that is just sad, being the only one in your program who has one. I would say to that guy: "Nice try". lol. The only other leather jacket that I have seen around that was really cool is the one owned by the "willy dog" which says "dogology" at the back

Commander likes this.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:45 PM   #57
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
I would honestly like to know what non-engineers are doing in this thread.
Honestly, this thread is meant to provide information to engineers who purchased a leather jacket at the beginning of the year.
It does not concern anyone else of any other faculty.
aren't you in medicine?
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:45 PM   #58
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
@jajas I don't understand why people make such a fuss about how many girls there are in Engineering? Just let it be.
I honestly don't care the number of girls in the program. I think You misunderstood my comment. I am in engineering because I have the passion for it not to try and hook up with some girl.

Commander likes this.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:47 PM   #59
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajas View Post
I honestly don't care the number of girls in the program. I think You misunderstood my comment. I am in engineering because I have the passion for it not to try and hook up with some girl.
Lol no I didn't. I was supporting your comment. It was directed to "all the commies who are trying to make you feel bad about the number of girls in your programs".
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:49 PM   #60
jajas
Account Disabled by User

I think I am starting to feel bad for the non-engineering students who came in here thinking engineers do not read this forum, and thinking that if they post something against engineers they won't get ripped apart by the engineers themselves.

Commander says thanks to jajas for this post.

Freija likes this.