MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eng Jackets Syngatezz General Discussion 23 06-09-2010 09:41 AM
Eng. Jackets aaront General Discussion 3 11-16-2009 09:34 AM
Questions about bursaries and Engineering jackets HeatherH General Discussion 39 02-07-2009 12:04 PM
Where to buy MAC '87 Jackets? Allan General Discussion 7 02-06-2009 09:06 PM
McMaster Jackets james2255 General Discussion 4 10-03-2007 08:00 PM

Engineering Jackets

Old 11-25-2010 at 10:56 AM   #31
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I've also just caught up on all the former hate on the forums, from trolls, and just generally other faculties. Trolls will be trolls, and will troll this thread too, no matter what, but I'd like to point out how little time you must have in order to come and express your hate for a jacket that doesn't affect you. The way I see it is:
  • You either hate it intensely and have absolutely nothing better to do (clearly not in engineering, or just don't care much about being in University) so you express your hate.
OR
  • You are intensely jealous of it, and can't let the engineers just have their jackets that you're jealous of, and we are proud of. An FYI on this though: No matter what you say, it doesn't make us less proud of it, so you should spend your trolling time elsewhere... I'm sure there's an argument on Nietzsche, Freud, or religion somewhere that you can troll (because that's what you do).
Anyways, take that into thought, and continue trolling, because trolls and haters don't listen to reasoning.

Have a good one.

Old 11-25-2010 at 11:19 AM   #32
s.almeida

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Why are you trying to start a flame war with your gross assumptions?

I fuel flame wars cause I have nothing better to do...

So here you go.
Woah....even oompa loompas need their ding dongs....how else will we provide the world with fantastic candy and chocolates!
Old 11-25-2010 at 12:22 PM   #33
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Can barely find any pictures of the jacket on google images
Old 11-25-2010 at 01:47 PM   #34
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

It's a piece of memorabilia-- nothing more, nothing less. A damn expensive one, but one nonetheless. Anything more is people giving themselves a handjob; anything less is haters hating.

Children need to grow up.

Old 11-25-2010 at 02:04 PM   #35
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

I think the jackets are pretty neat to be honest.

Flame war!...

Last edited by Toast : 11-25-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2010 at 02:15 PM   #36
Freija
Elite Member

Liked: 384 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_302 View Post
You are intensely jealous of it, and can't let the engineers just have their jackets that you're jealous of, and we are proud of. An FYI on this though: No matter what you say, it doesn't make us less proud of it
they mad cuz we stylin' on em so they jelly as fuck and they cant deal with it

I was actually in BioMed before I went into medicine, so I still got my jacket and err' tin :U
Old 11-26-2010 at 12:09 AM   #37
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

it's not even effective trolling, lol.
Old 11-26-2010 at 01:14 AM   #38
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Can't wait for mine to come in. I have no idea what's up with trashing the jackets, no one is trying to make people like them. I don't go around and tell people who wear "bench" jackets with over-exaggerated Dracula size-popped collars to throw themselves out an airplane holding a cinder block.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Entropy likes this.
Old 11-26-2010 at 02:10 AM   #39
jajas
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 49 Times

First off people who are dissing the eng jackets are either commies or people who are too ashamed or writing down the program/joke/faculty they are in.

Secondly if it makes you feel like poop that we engineers are proud of our faculty I will wear it more often than just 4-5 times a week.

Thirdly ITS THE ENGINEERING LEATHER JACKET ITS A TRADITION. oh wait some people have to keep the tradition of flipping burgers all their sad miserable lives.

[FULL STOP]

Commander likes this.
Old 12-01-2010 at 08:17 PM   #40
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Hate to open this thread again to trolls, but I have relevant information

Engineering Leather Jacket Pick-Up
Monday, December 6
BLUE Lounge, JHE Room 121

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1353228 93188114
Old 12-02-2010 at 12:07 AM   #41
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Lol people are so jealous of engineers.

Last edited by Commander : 12-02-2010 at 12:28 AM.

VastHorizon likes this.
Old 12-02-2010 at 12:34 AM   #42
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Lol people are so jealous of engineers.
That's exactly what it is. Us guys are jealous that you guys have 2+- girls in your program. Full of spite and envy. I hope your 4 years at Mac is long-lived. I suppose you'll need the engineering jackets though, to get attention from other ladies, right?

Last edited by andrewjdg : 12-02-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-02-2010 at 12:37 AM   #43
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

^ Well, since this exists, how many do you think Mac Eng has?

http://www.engineering.uwate rloo.c...goenggirl.html
Old 12-02-2010 at 12:38 AM   #44
andrewjdg

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
^ Well, since this exists, how many do you think Mac Eng has?

http://www.engineering.uwate rloo.c...goenggirl.html
Hey, I'm just basing my assumption off of people complaining and whining that there's like 2 girls. Not to mention all of the competition those guys have for those 2 girls, probably using every trick in the book. They must be queens.
Old 12-02-2010 at 07:29 AM   #45
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjdg View Post
That's exactly what it is. Us guys are jealous that you guys have 2+- girls in your program. Full of spite and envy. I hope your 4 years at Mac is long-lived. I suppose you'll need the engineering jackets though, to get attention from other ladies, right?
May I point out that the previous poster said people were jealous of engineers... They said nothing about the quantity of women in the faculty. You are a very poor reader. You mis read a very simple statement for something COMPLETELY different, and went on a tangent that's about as unique from the previous poster's statement, as clockwise is from counterclockwise... Tip: Don't become a lawyer

Commander says thanks to mike_302 for this post.

jajas likes this.