MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eng Jackets Syngatezz General Discussion 23 06-09-2010 09:41 AM
Eng. Jackets aaront General Discussion 3 11-16-2009 09:34 AM
Questions about bursaries and Engineering jackets HeatherH General Discussion 39 02-07-2009 12:04 PM
Where to buy MAC '87 Jackets? Allan General Discussion 7 02-06-2009 09:06 PM
McMaster Jackets james2255 General Discussion 4 10-03-2007 08:00 PM

Engineering Jackets

Old 12-03-2010 at 04:17 PM   #91
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freija View Post
what the fuck guys
science and engineering are supposed to be best broes
Not if you were part of welcome week :p
Old 12-03-2010 at 04:35 PM   #92
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
what the fuck guys
I agree 100%. You can't have one without the other. Engineers need science to advance materials and processes, and science need engineers so they have a reason to do research in the first place. I wish people would realize this and stop the faculty bashing, this isn't frosh week anymore.

Science and engineering are like a married old couple. Sure, they argue and complain about the other alot, but deep down they know they couldn't live without the other. For example, my father is a chemical engineer for ESSO. Even though he's an engineer, he works in tandem with the company's chemists to make sure that the systems in place are as efficient as possible by checking with the processes developed by the scientists.

As the 'black sheep' scientist in a family of engineers, I'm proud to love and respect the fields of engineering and science.

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 12-03-2010 at 05:18 PM.

justinsftw, SilentWalker like this.
Old 12-03-2010 at 04:49 PM   #93
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Engineering is more about finding uses for scientific/mathematical discoveries (i.e. Using Fourier series for discretizing and reconstructing audio signals in MP3 players).
That stuff is sick. Was our last 3TP4 Lab
Old 12-03-2010 at 05:21 PM   #94
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Liked: 645 Times

Quote:
what the fuck guys
Ya basically less QQ more doing what you love

That's looking at all the arrogant science/engineering students

Who also on average either happen to be socially inept home-schooled white or brown kids

Just sayin'

Old 12-03-2010 at 05:58 PM   #95
manap3000
Account Locked

Liked: 64 Times

this should probably end the debate (as im a science student) right here:

I've been contemplating this for a while now, if i dont lose more than a year I WOULD CHANGE FACULTIES in a second.

frankly don't given 2 shits about who's more important it's more about getting paid and career oppurtunities I know for a fact i could cope with the coursework, and really have no desire to be a doctor so why not?

Last edited by manap3000 : 12-03-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:42 PM   #96
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manap3000 View Post
this should probably end the debate (as im a science student) right here:

I've been contemplating this for a while now, if i dont lose more than a year I WOULD CHANGE FACULTIES in a second.

frankly don't given 2 shits about who's more important it's more about getting paid and career oppurtunities I know for a fact i could cope with the coursework, and really have no desire to be a doctor so why not?
This post makes no sense. How does this, "end the debate"?
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:44 PM   #97
Commander
P.I.M.P

Liked: 63 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Not really. Sure, large engineering projects (LHC for example) help supplement scientific research, but the design or reason for even building such devices usually starts at a scientist.

Engineering is more about finding uses for scientific/mathematical discoveries (i.e. Using Fourier series for discretizing and reconstructing audio signals in MP3 players).

It's really dumb to act like one is more important than the other. They supplement eachother quite nicely:

Science -> Discovering new things
Engineering -> Finding uses for new things discovered

Also, engineering jackets are for noobs (just sayin'...).
Scientists don't discover new things, these things already exist.

By the way, YOU GUYS (other faculties' students dummies) started this. This is a thread for engineers and you guys came in, so get ready to get raped.

Engineers don't find uses to these "new things ". The job of an engineer is to serve society and solve problems.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:45 PM   #98
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
This post makes no sense. How does this, "end the debate"?
He's thinks that because the desire to become a doctor is no longer his ultimate goal, or that he is too scared to even keep trying, or because he knows he isn't intelligent/dedicated enough to do so, that there is no purpose in pursuing science. He thinks engineering is more worth it, because you are more likely to get a job right out of school without pursuing graduate studies. Maybe. A big maybe. I know many engineers. It really does depend on the person.

Here's the dish, manap: it's not what you think, or how hard you think. It's how you think. It's about what you do with that little peanut that sits between your ears. Everything else is just dust in the wind.

Old 12-03-2010 at 06:48 PM   #99
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
He's thinks that because the desire to become a doctor is no longer his ultimate goal, or that he is too scared to even keep trying, or because he knows he isn't intelligent/dedicated enough to do so, that there is no purpose in pursuing science. He thinks engineering is more worth it, because you are more likely to get a job right out of school without pursuing graduate studies. Maybe. A big maybe. I know many engineers. It really does depend on the person.

Here's the dish, manap: it's not what you think, or how hard you think. It's how you think. It's about what you do with that little peanut that sits between your ears. Everything else is just dust in the wind.
You're not an engineering student. So STFU.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:52 PM   #100
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
You're not an engineering student. So STFU.
trolling, etc

qq mad kid

Old 12-03-2010 at 06:53 PM   #101
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendoon View Post
trolling, etc

qq mad kid
Only bitches says its trolling. Real men don't ***** like you do.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:53 PM   #102
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

I love both science and engineering. I have a passion for both, science because of my curiosity to better understand the universe, and engineering which I see as a form of art (or a means to create art). Both work hand in hand (in some aspects), one laying a foundation for the other.

What I absolutely despise are the cocky people who seem to think that they're above everyone else due to their faculty placement.

Furthermore, the activities during welcome-week which seemed to promote this inter-faculty hate (no, not healthy competition) seemed utterly stupid. I'm pretty sure they did that because they probably couldn't come up with anything better to do, as I'm sure this rivalry dies down in later years. They could well put their energy in somehow helping first years better adjust to first year.

And finally, the primitive sexist engineers. Give it a damn break.
Old 12-03-2010 at 06:57 PM   #103
Commander
P.I.M.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
I love both science and engineering. I have a passion for both, science because of my curiosity to better understand the universe, and engineering which I see as a form of art (or a means to create art).

What I absolutely despise are the cocky people who seem to think that they're above everyone else due to their faculty placement.

Furthermore, the activities during welcome-week which seemed to promote this inter-faculty hate (no, not healthy competition) seemed utterly stupid. I'm pretty sure they did that because they probably couldn't come up with anything better to do, as I'm sure this rivalry dies down in later years. They could well put their energy in somehow helping first years better adjust to first year.

And finally, the primitive sexist engineers. Give it a damn break.
We have a right to be cocky. Take the upper years engineering students. They worked their ASSES off, even when most of them didn't have any experience being an Engineering Student when they started their first year.

And yes, Engineering has a greater course load and the material is more difficult.

There is no rivalry between engineering students and science students. You guys are too low to be our "rivals".
Old 12-03-2010 at 07:01 PM   #104
Kendoon
Sometimes helpful

Quote:
Only bitches says its trolling. Real men don't ***** like you do.
im only replying because i cant wait to see what other insults you can come up with in your QQ mode

Old 12-03-2010 at 07:19 PM   #105
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
We have a right to be cocky. Take the upper years engineering students. They worked their ASSES off, even when most of them didn't have any experience being an Engineering Student when they started their first year.

And yes, Engineering has a greater course load and the material is more difficult.

There is no rivalry between engineering students and science students. You guys are too low to be our "rivals".
There is only one word to describe this post. IGNORANT. Before comparing two programs, it is only fair to actually have insight into both programs. Since you have made the comparison, it is only fair for you to defend your ludicrous statement. Tell us about a day in the life of a Science student. Lets hear it...

If you can't do this, your comparison is IDIOTIC.