MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how that street fighter 4 is out,,, kudougw Gaming 5 09-12-2009 12:44 PM
191 Main St. West Apartments Greco General Discussion 4 08-01-2009 10:04 PM
anyone live at 191 Main St W????? macculkin General Discussion 5 07-04-2009 02:50 AM
MSU Main Office (Room 201) myoozik General Discussion 2 11-28-2008 06:23 PM

191 Main Street West

Old 05-27-2010 at 07:19 PM   #1
Jenn629

Liked: 0 Times

191 Main Street West
Hello,

I'm moving to Hamilton for a Masters at Mac and have been looking online at apartments. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback/pictures/comments about this building? Im living outside of Hamilton now so I'd like a general feel before I make the trek there to check it out.

Alssso, does anyone have any good sites theyve been using for apartment hunting? I'm looking for a bachelor around the 450-550 price range.

Thanks =)
Old 05-27-2010 at 07:23 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

You should be able to Google maps (and thus street view) that place!

$450-$550 for a bachelor (especially close to campus [Zone 1]) will be pushing it. You can check out the OCRC for more listings: http://macoffcampus.mcmaster .ca/

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-27-2010 at 08:41 PM   #3
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=2265 8
Old 05-27-2010 at 10:03 PM   #4
dsahota

Liked: 83 Times

Haven't lived there, but that spot could definitely be a little loud as it is right beside Hess. I live down the street on Queen and can hear the babble from my house. There are a ton of large 1960-70's era apartment buildings in the area that are a little further away from Hess that are run by various private companies (Effort Trust and Homestead seem to have the most buildings). Many of these and also have bachelor's / 1 br in or just a little bit above your price range.

http://www.homestead.ca/locations/?city=Hamilton#show
http://www.efforttrust.ca/apt-listings.html
Old 05-27-2010 at 11:16 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I lived on John St South in first year, which is just down the street from there, and it was 500 inclusive. Problem was, it was really small and the area is crap too. If it's possible to get a roommate, getting an apartment closer to McMaster might be a good idea to avoid all the Hess commotion, as well as the not so great area further east.
Old 05-31-2010 at 08:30 PM   #6
theKING

Liked: 0 Times

Hey!
My friend and I are looking for a roommate. The house is a 5-10 minute walk from campus. (72 Saunders Blvd). The rent is $450 and includes everything (utilities, wireless internet, cable tv, unlimited long distance calls!!!!) If you are interested message me
Old 05-31-2010 at 10:18 PM   #7
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

I'm a couple blocks from 191 Main, at the corner of Hunter West and Hess. After my building replaced the windows with nice new double-pane units a couple weeks ago, it's been REAL quiet. Before, the stupid drafty thin windows meant that I heard EVERYTHING coming from the partyers walking below, even low-level conversation. I'm on the 10th floor too...

So yeah, good windows are key.