191 Main St. West Apartments Greco General Discussion 4 08-01-2009 10:04 PM
Looking for a place to live? crazytown General Discussion 5 04-08-2009 11:56 PM
MSU Main Office (Room 201) myoozik General Discussion 2 11-28-2008 06:23 PM

anyone live at 191 Main St W?????

Old 06-21-2009 at 02:55 PM   #1
macculkin

Liked: 5 Times

anyone live at 191 Main St W?????
I saw 191 Main St W advertised for student bachelor apts and was wondering if anyone had lived there or known anyone who lived there. is it good?
thanks!
Old 06-21-2009 at 03:02 PM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Hrrm, that's right downtown. I'm not sure if you'd like it downtown. I lived there for a year and it's sketch-ville. There's good restaurants but that's about it. I'm moving up past McMaster, you should look around like the Main and Whitney area... lots of apartments there.
Old 06-21-2009 at 03:07 PM   #3
macculkin

Liked: 5 Times

did you live downtown or actually in that building?? was the building sketchy or just the area?? isn`t it right by hess village... it`s not too bad there
Old 06-21-2009 at 03:53 PM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

I didn't actually live in that building no, but I lived in the area. It's not just me, everyone that I've talked to thinks downtown is sorta sketch. Hess Village is a little better than the right at the core though. I mean it's upto you and how comfortable you feel in that area. The biggest benefit is that it's probably pretty cheap.
Old 06-21-2009 at 03:56 PM   #5
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 361 Times

Hmm that area is somewhat sketchy, it is a good 5-10 minutes from Gore park/Jackson Square(Aka night time Prostitution/Druggie/Biker Gang central of Hamilton). I've walked around there quite a few times(Job search and Geography Project) and it looks like mostly a middle/lower middle class residential area(It is different from student neighborhoods of Westdale/Ainslewood) which can well be sketchy :S But then again the whole of downtown Hamilton(past locke street) is pretty sketchy.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-04-2009 at 02:50 AM   #6
morganafonso

Liked: 0 Times

I was also looking at this building as well! Have you seen the building? I've tried called Ron Johnson (I'm guessing the tenant?) but I haven't been able to contact him. I would love to know if this is a sketchy area or not. Being a female near downtown may not be the greatest thing if the area is bad...