MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How are you guys studying for Econ1B03 CAHopeful First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 04-24-2011 09:03 AM
Anyone else having trouble studying jeboi7 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 17 01-11-2011 07:25 PM
Question about studying for Microecon darklink121 Academics 6 10-13-2010 12:53 AM
Studying on Campus Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 12-08-2008 09:24 PM
Studying Methods sycoman Academics 2 09-15-2008 04:44 PM

1M03, tips for Studying?

Old 08-17-2011 at 02:09 PM   #1
cjwittmann

Liked: 0 Times

1M03, tips for Studying?
Hello!

I'm taking 1M03 (calc) and 1L03 (stats) this upcoming year and math has never been my strong point. Anyone have any study tips that they use to study for these courses? Thanks!
Old 08-17-2011 at 02:17 PM   #2
yaroslav64

Liked: 26 Times

Math usually just comes down to practice for most people I know, so studying just means doing lots of practice questions. I've never taken the courses you mentioned but I doubt it's much different.
Old 08-17-2011 at 02:25 PM   #3
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Move ahead in your textbook to integration a long time before you begin series/sequence. I learned them in the opposite order and that was confusing as hell.
Old 08-17-2011 at 02:27 PM   #4
commie2013

Liked: 11 Times

Both classes are fairly easy. Stats 1L03 was probably my easiest 1st year class, but the prof changes every year so it's hard to say. 1M03 was mostly a recap of high school with some new topics (probably 50/50 in terms of old/new stuff). Make sure you use the Math Help Centre as well!
Old 08-17-2011 at 02:37 PM   #5
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwittmann View Post
Hello!

I'm taking 1M03 (calc) and 1L03 (stats) this upcoming year and math has never been my strong point. Anyone have any study tips that they use to study for these courses? Thanks!
Always do as many practice problems as you can and ask for help when you need it. I took calc II four years after calc I... and practice problems are great! lol. Reading through the textbook might help too, but I sometime found it more confusing. Also ask the prof, the TA for your course or drop in to the math help centre if you're stuck with something.

Good luck! =)