MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Table for First Year Life Science Student. yoqoum First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 07-13-2011 02:39 AM
Upper Year student taking First Year course julianface Academics 2 06-15-2011 12:53 AM
Student Life as an Engineer Chad MacInsiders Announcements 23 05-15-2011 10:01 PM
Life Sci student blocked out of Life Sci 2A03??? jubilantx Academics 4 06-14-2010 08:56 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

1st Year Life Sci student

Old 07-28-2011 at 09:44 AM   #1
KKKKKIRAN_4

Liked: 1 Time

1st Year Life Sci student
Hey hey! My name is Kiran Rai and I am going to be joining the Life Sci program this year at Mac! My main interests consist of dancing, reading and at times, writing and playing soccer. I am also a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and I think all the books are very intricately written. Generally, I am a very quiet person, but once you get to know me, you'll be wishing for me to shut up. Ahaha, that was a joke. I really don't think I'm that annoying. Anyways, I joined this group because my peers have told me it's a great way to stay updated on anything going on at Mac. Anyhow, I'll see some of you guys in the fall...or...one month-ish. <-- Now THAT'S kinda bittersweet.
Old 07-28-2011 at 09:50 AM   #2
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Welcome to the MI community and McMaster University! Eww reading D: I cannot read even if I had to for English class D: Whoever your peers are, they're right because you can ask questions on this website, get advice from upper year students and help other people if applicable.

KKKKKIRAN_4 says thanks to anonanon987 for this post.

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-28-2011 at 09:05 PM   #3
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Looking forward to meeting u Kiran I'm a 1st year Life-Scier myself ! Welcome to MI ..

KKKKKIRAN_4 says thanks to -Ish- for this post.

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-28-2011 at 09:08 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Welcome to MI and Mac! I'm sure you'll love being a SCICO in just 5 weeks! Feel free to post on here or ask me if you have any questions at all !

KKKKKIRAN_4 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

-Ish-, KKKKKIRAN_4 like this.
Old 07-28-2011 at 10:07 PM   #5
KKKKKIRAN_4

Thanks guys.

Old 07-29-2011 at 01:28 PM   #6
ghumanm

Liked: 10 Times

i`m in humanities but omgsh we have a lot in common, dancing, reading, soccer, HP<3 but i`m a loud mouth LOL .. we should definitely hang out during frosh (:

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 02:32 PM   #7
Salik

Liked: 32 Times

Welcome to MI and McMaster btw your name reminds me of this bollywood movie called darr...im pretty sure u picked it up from there as well

KKKKKIRAN_4 says thanks to Salik for this post.

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 03:22 PM   #8
LindsayL216

Liked: 7 Times

Hey nice to meet you! I'm not in your program, but I love Harry Potter too You seen the latest movie yet?

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 03:47 PM   #9
KKKKKIRAN_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghumanm View Post
i`m in humanities but omgsh we have a lot in common, dancing, reading, soccer, HP<3 but i`m a loud mouth LOL .. we should definitely hang out during frosh (:
Yeah for sure! Can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salik View Post
Welcome to MI and McMaster btw your name reminds me of this bollywood movie called darr...im pretty sure u picked it up from there as well
Ahaha, yes! I practically worship SRK. And that movie came out the year I was born. So the stuttering version of my name is because of him and Darr. Nice to see you noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayL216 View Post
Hey nice to meet you! I'm not in your program, but I love Harry Potter too You seen the latest movie yet?
That's great! And yes, I did. I thought it was pretty great, actually. The seventh book being divided into a two-part movie definitely did justice to the book. The first and second movies were very detailed, which was good, and then the third and fourth were alright. The fifth I found to be a disappointment :( but the sixth was a bit better. What did you think?

Last edited by jhan523 : 07-29-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Use Multi to Multi Quote

Salik likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 04:56 PM   #10
Salik

Liked: 32 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKKKIRAN_4 View Post

Ahaha, yes! I practically worship SRK. And that movie came out the year I was born. So the stuttering version of my name is because of him and Darr. Nice to see you noticed.
Hahah, you must be excited for Don 2 then, coming out this year and the trailer looks aweshummm sorry im a bollywood freak

KKKKKIRAN_4 says thanks to Salik for this post.

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 05:42 PM   #11
LindsayL216

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKKKKIRAN_4 View Post
That's great! And yes, I did. I thought it was pretty great, actually. The seventh book being divided into a two-part movie definitely did justice to the book. The first and second movies were very detailed, which was good, and then the third and fourth were alright. The fifth I found to be a disappointment :( but the sixth was a bit better. What did you think?
I was disappointed by one or two aspects of the 7th movie, but overall I thought it was amazing! I just wish we didn't have to wait as long as we did for the second installment to come out lol. For the others, I pretty much think the same thing as you! I loved the first three because they were so innocent and they stuck to the books well. The fourth was also alright, but they missed a lot of things from the book, which was disappointing. 5th and 6th were decent, but not the best by any means.

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 05:53 PM   #12
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

Welcome to MI!
I also thought your user name was a nod to Darr.
So your an SRK fan, huh? Some of friends are super-crazy over him as well. When he came for the IIFAs, they were practically stalking him!
As for me, I think he's alright but I'd rather watch an Aamir film over his any day

KKKKKIRAN_4, Salik like this.
Old 07-29-2011 at 09:01 PM   #13
ghumanm

Liked: 10 Times

aha SRK's alright .. i like the new younger generation of actors tho (:
Old 07-30-2011 at 12:15 AM   #14
shavaiz

nice to meet u kiran...
im also a first year life sci "NEW BEE' LOL... haha i luv reading as well ..i dont knw y ppl dont like reading xD..ohh ,
so ya im really lookng forward to meet u in Mac..till then, have fun

KKKKKIRAN_4 likes this.
Old 07-30-2011 at 10:01 PM   #15
KKKKKIRAN_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salik View Post
Hahah, you must be excited for Don 2 then, coming out this year and the trailer looks aweshummm sorry im a bollywood freak
bollywood freak? good. we'll get along but yeah, Don 2 and Ra One. yum