MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just 10 days until first class! Are you excited???? gongshow Academics 17 08-30-2010 07:59 PM
Wait list number sonic Residence & Housing 1 08-13-2010 05:54 PM
Wait list for courses?? jamiebenyovi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 24 07-03-2010 10:32 PM
Course Wait Listing? DumbEngKid Academics 2 05-06-2010 10:27 PM
Wait list! surena Residence & Housing 12 05-05-2009 06:02 PM

21 Days until first class. Can you wait?

Old 08-20-2010 at 10:30 AM   #31
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshow View Post
Can you wait?!
I really really can.

really.

Fa11enAnge1 likes this.
Old 08-20-2010 at 02:12 PM   #32
gongshow

Liked: 9 Times

I see a discernible pattern. All first years can't wait for September 9th while upper years could wait.
Old 08-20-2010 at 04:10 PM   #33
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

^ Agreed. I might have been...apprehensive my first year, but now that there's nothing new, just tedious work, I don't want my summer to end. Plus, the biggest problem in first year was that you couldn't do things when you wanted to (i.e., watch a movie, read a long set or series of books). Now that it's the summer I can read whatever I want, watch whichever shows I want as often as I want, and watch movies when I get the chance.
Old 08-20-2010 at 04:13 PM   #34
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Need more time to work more to make more money to pay off tuition

and to finish off all the TV show seasons I've wanted to for some time!
Old 08-20-2010 at 04:19 PM   #35
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

My internship finished up today, soo now I have a small summer break, but I'm mad excited for school to start because I'm starting social work.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 08-20-2010 at 04:32 PM   #36
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Bahh my summer was too short. I spent a month in the Sonoran/Mojave Desert for a field course then a month after that writing reports for it and I'm going on another field course next week which has a final exam right after it. eek >.<

Quote:
and to finish off all the TV show seasons I've wanted to for some time!
haha I know what you mean. I started Smallville from the very beginning part way through summer and I'm only on season 5, season 10 starts in September. XD There's no way I'm gonna finish it.
Old 08-20-2010 at 05:16 PM   #37
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachill View Post
Bahh my summer was too short. I spent a month in the Sonoran/Mojave Desert for a field course then a month after that writing reports for it and I'm going on another field course next week which has a final exam right after it. eek >.<

haha I know what you mean. I started Smallville from the very beginning part way through summer and I'm only on season 5, season 10 starts in September. XD There's no way I'm gonna finish it.
You just need determination! I finished all the seasons of the Office last year around October in about 1.5 weeks while studying for a Stats exam! It's just non stop watching until you nearly want to vomit at the thought of the show.

Then they upload a new season and you feel pretty good

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 08-20-2010 at 07:02 PM   #38
jachill
Vampire Slayer

Liked: 40 Times

Quote:
You just need determination! I finished all the seasons of the Office last year around October in about 1.5 weeks while studying for a Stats exam! It's just non stop watching until you nearly want to vomit at the thought of the show.

Then they upload a new season and you feel pretty good
haha Thanks for the advice, I'll try that.
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:27 PM   #39
SamNIN

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshow View Post
Can you wait?!
to answer the question,
HELL YES I can wait, may be a little more sleep might make me ready for the late nights studying
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:33 PM   #40
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Awesome! Bored of summer, need to get back to 'learning' circuits!
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:40 PM   #41
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

my summer was tooooooo long
not doing anything for 2 month was not a good idea
After three days of summer I got bored....
kinda sad that I wasted soo much time
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:48 PM   #42
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Guys, we say this now. But come a week or two, we'll miss summer.
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:48 PM   #43
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

I'm so excited!

I'm excited for Bridges pineapple curry and roasted red pepper pasta, and the way campus looks in the fall, and all the energy and excitement and LOUD of welcome week, and the feeling you get when the first set of midterms are done and you realize you survived. I'm excited for my housemates to move back, and for the student centre to be filled with people selling cupcakes/brownies/cookies for various good causes, and to see first years come out of their first chem midterm. I'm excited for my classes, and to meet a new set of quirky profs and for spending hours in Thode, partly studying but also eavesdropping on those awkward-couple-conversations that people feel the need to have in the middle of the library. I'm excited for the really lame happiness you get from getting an A on an assignment you put a ton of work into.

All in all, it was an amazing summer, and I'm sorry it went by so fast. But I'm also really really glad it's September soon.

nerual likes this.
Old 08-21-2010 at 04:57 AM   #44
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

I'm insanely in love with McMaster, even though my first year hasn't begun, so yes. I am excited. Very much so.

Also, apparently two of my professors are good looking. Learning experience just got better (y)
Old 08-21-2010 at 07:53 AM   #45
Manley

Liked: 14 Times

School just ended on August 5th and I'm already excited to be going back!