MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can 2nd year students select 1st year electives? Daman K Academics 8 09-08-2010 08:03 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

2nd year eng

Old 06-10-2009 at 09:06 PM   #1
deefx

Liked: 0 Times

2nd year eng
Hey guys im dee,
i wanted to ask a question about entering lvl 2 eng.

I failed first term math and was unable to take it in summer school (long story). I finally got to view my grade report after alot of complications and seen that i have a average of 3.5. I alrdy missed my math course and isnt offered again.

I really dont know what to do right now i feel like its to late to do anything. I havent gotten a chance to talk to anyone about it, i just seen my grades tonight and it wasnt anything like i expected. It say's i got into Civil Eng and it says Pending beside it on my grade report.

But it always says under result i cannot talk level 2 eng so its worrying/confusing me now.

I was wondering if i could take courses second term summer school to boost my average and maybe take phyics when fall starts again? i dont know if they do that so i'd thought id get some advice on what to do :S
Old 06-10-2009 at 10:16 PM   #2
MDCL

Liked: 29 Times

Email your academic advisor...addresses on the department website for your particular engineering discipline.

deefx says thanks to MDCL for this post.
Old 06-10-2009 at 10:19 PM   #3
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

The associate dean's office in JHE/A214 is where you will want to go and talk to them about it. They'll be able to advise you.

deefx says thanks to DannyV for this post.
Old 06-10-2009 at 10:19 PM   #4
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefx View Post
I failed first term math and was unable to take it in summer school (long story).
How'd that happen?

Quote:
I was wondering if i could take courses second term summer school to boost my average and maybe take phyics when fall starts again? i dont know if they do that so i'd thought id get some advice on what to do :S
First thing you should do is get to the engineering office as soon as possible and talk with Sally Williams. Since you have less than a 4 average, you won't be able to stay in engineering. Taking courses and doing well *may* help and could just barely push you over the edge into allowing you to stay in engineering.

The best you can expect at this point I think is to *partially* get into second year, which I've heard rumors of people doing, where you're kind of stuck between years and take the first year classes you screwed up and the second year classes you have prerequisites for. I don't know if this really exists, but there's no point in not checking anyway.

Good luck!

deefx says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.