MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One full year OR 2 half year courses? ak21 Academics 5 07-13-2011 04:55 PM
First Year Science Students -- Free pizza and a great second year program option MedPhys First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 11-04-2010 10:52 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM

2nd Year oncampus

Old 01-17-2012 at 02:08 PM   #1
Need2knowme

Liked: 0 Times

2nd Year oncampus
Hi,
I wanted to know is there a certain percentage you need to maintain in order to get a place ONCAMPUS SECOND YEAR? I know last year you need around 75% (highschool). What about now? Do I need to maintain a certain GPA to be guranteed a place?

note: I am talking about a general double room, not a single one.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2012 at 02:18 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

think it's still the same. 7.5 average guaranteed residence. U will be then given choice of singles and doubles if u prefer.
Old 01-17-2012 at 04:53 PM   #3
wesiscool

Liked: 13 Times

I tht it was 9.5
Old 01-26-2012 at 12:41 AM   #4
_N/A_

Liked: 11 Times

You can return to res as an upper year with a 5.0 or higher. But it is again a bit of a lottery. There are only so many upper year spaces, so even with meeting the deadline for an upper year you won`t definitely be guaranteed residence if you have bad luck in the lottery, unless you have a residence job, another McMaster position, or the GPA to guarantee residence.

This could be even more noticeable next year. The plan currently is to reduce res from being 20% upper years to 15% upper years. This is to address both the large increase in first years we had this year and plans to reduce the number of bunk and loft triples leaving Mac with less bed spaces.
Old 01-26-2012 at 12:44 AM   #5
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

keep in mind if you dont get in, many others have signed a lease already so you may not necessarily be able to get into a house with friends if things fall through either
Old 01-26-2012 at 02:48 AM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

also mind u priorities go this way.
First years>PhD>work ur way down second years being lowest
Old 01-26-2012 at 08:43 AM   #7
IcexFire

Liked: 6 Times

If you have a 9.5 sessional average or higher, I know you are gauranteed residence. However, other then that your chances are pretty low considering they often don`t give priority to upper year undergrads