MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what was this year comp eng cut off mark?? hellrise First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-02-2010 03:14 PM
Comp sci first year OceanSpray Academics 0 12-16-2009 09:55 AM
2nd year comp eng semester 2 course question.... please help.... hellrise Academics 10 11-06-2009 12:40 AM
2nd Year Comp. Eng (and elec?) .. conflicts.. blackdragon Academics 11 08-02-2009 05:46 PM
First Year Comp Sci Courses WesleyS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-13-2008 12:04 PM

3rd Year Comp. Eng. Schedule

Old 05-03-2010 at 01:43 PM   #1
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

3rd Year Comp. Eng. Schedule
Anyone in 3rd year computer engineering (now hopefully 4th) want to post your schedule from last year? Just so I get a rough idea what to expect for this upcoming year for me
Old 05-05-2010 at 01:51 PM   #2
blackdragon
Elite Member

Noone?
Old 05-05-2010 at 01:58 PM   #3
x.N.x

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon View Post
Noone?
Maybe you should look at the course reviews. That way you get an idea of each individual course.

Bachelor of Technology II || Process Automation
Old 05-05-2010 at 02:15 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.N.x View Post
Maybe you should look at the course reviews. That way you get an idea of each individual course.

Just want to see how packed the schedule will be
Old 05-05-2010 at 03:41 PM   #5
kenvin100
Elite Member

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Just want to see how packed the schedule will be
will it matter? IF we get half-assed profs like this term you won't attend any classes anyway..

Old 05-05-2010 at 03:49 PM   #6
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvin100 View Post
will it matter? IF we get half-assed profs like this term you won't attend any classes anyway..
You dont know that
Old 05-05-2010 at 06:08 PM   #7
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Look at the courses you're taking then go to the department website and checkout the course materials there. Some course websites are password protected but you can still access the course outline.
Old 05-05-2010 at 07:29 PM   #8
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
Look at the courses you're taking then go to the department website and checkout the course materials there. Some course websites are password protected but you can still access the course outline.
I could just go to the undergraduate calender, much easier. I know some have EOW labs, DQ has EW lab, etc etc. I just want to see a SCHEDULE.

I just want a visual of what it looks like, a typical comp eng. 3rd year schedule.
Old 05-05-2010 at 07:49 PM   #9
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Maybe, but if you try the course website you might find the lecture, lab and tutorial schedule not to mention look at some slides and other course materials.

As for next year's schedule, give it a few weeks and it will be up.
Old 05-05-2010 at 08:17 PM   #10
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
Maybe, but if you try the course website you might find the lecture, lab and tutorial schedule not to mention look at some slides and other course materials.

As for next year's schedule, give it a few weeks and it will be up.
Yeah, unfortunately all first term courses have a username/password. If you have them, please send me a PM with them if you dont mind.
Old 05-05-2010 at 08:56 PM   #11
kenvin100
Elite Member

Quote:
You dont know that
Let's be real: this term went sour cause of god awful profs and nothing more..it's supposed to be hard..but we should be given a fair fight..not unapproachable profs who can barely speak english, or put you to sleep for that matter..Never had I have to learn 5 courses all myself..besides SI lectures and DP tutorials, this term was a straight waste of tuition money..my rant stops here

Old 05-05-2010 at 09:23 PM   #12
blackdragon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenvin100 View Post
Let's be real: this term went sour cause of god awful profs and nothing more..it's supposed to be hard..but we should be given a fair fight..not unapproachable profs who can barely speak english, or put you to sleep for that matter..Never had I have to learn 5 courses all myself..besides SI lectures and DP tutorials, this term was a straight waste of tuition money..my rant stops here
Si - good.
Dp - good.
Cj - bad lecture, good tests
EI - terrible all round
FH - boring lecture, terrible course
Old 05-05-2010 at 09:51 PM   #13
maclover

Liked: 55 Times

I agree we had a bad second term with terrible profs but I think we should all just move on. There's no point in looking back. Next year, just study hard and not depend on the profs too much. I am pretty sure we will all do well next year.
Old 05-06-2010 at 07:42 AM   #14
kenvin100
Elite Member

Quote:
Si - good.
Dp - good.
Cj - bad lecture, good tests
EI - terrible all round
FH - boring lecture, terrible course
least the good profs are comp eng profs..

@maclover: agreed, but really, this is unacceptable..if Chen for CJ never used tut questions or curved that exam, CJ would've ended up like EI..just pointing that out, also keep in mind we were scrambling in the beginning to find textbook solutions, cause CJ chen just copied another profs site in the beginning...