MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking second year courses in third/fourth year b.m. Academics 1 07-27-2010 10:37 PM
2nd Year in 3rd Year Courses. Bad idea? abbyabs Academics 16 07-09-2010 10:50 PM
First year taking 2nd year courses Z3phyr First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 01-05-2010 12:51 PM
2nd Year Geo Courses spyder83 Academics 2 12-24-2008 10:55 AM

3rd Year Courses Help

Old 02-19-2010 at 08:57 AM   #1
ahmedsu

Liked: Liked 3 Times

3rd Year Courses Help
Next year I will be in my 3rd year of chemical engineering. I was just looking at the courses I would have to take. Finally we get some choice.

- I can either take both orgos (chem 2oa3 and chem 2ob3) or i can just take the introductory one which is chem 2e03, which is what i am thinking of doing

- I have to also take 2 courses from : BIOCHEM 2EE3, CHEM ENG 3Q03, CHEM 3I03, CHEM BIO 2A03.
I hear BIOCHEM 2EE3 is extremely easy so I a m probably going to take that. I am confused whether to take CHEMENG 3Q03 or CHEM 3I03, I heard the CHEM BIO is no good so I want to avoid it.

Does anyone have any further information about any of the courses above and how they are, whats the course breakdown, whose the profs usually, how they are, if they are offered in the summer any of them? Lastly, what your suggestions are.

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2010 at 09:40 AM   #2
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

Biochem 2EE3, and the orgos are offered in the summer. Not sure if the simple orgo (2E03) or whatever you guys call it, is offered in the summer.

As for course breakdown, some of these courses are quite common so you might be able to find some in the Reviews section of Macinsiders. I don't know about courses like the Chem Eng one or Chem 3I03...I don't hear much about them.
Old 02-20-2010 at 02:36 AM   #3
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedsu View Post
I hear BIOCHEM 2EE3 is extremely easy so I a m probably going to take that.
Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. A few of my housemates are taking that, and although they say it's not tremendously difficult, they say it requires a lot of boring memorization. It's not really an easy 12 or anything if that's what you were thinking.

Also, you shouldn't just seek out easy courses, you should also look for courses that actually interest you. It's better to take something harder that you like rather than something easier that makes you want to kill yourself.