MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Admission Questions (Health & Life Sciences) Damian-F First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 09-15-2010 11:29 PM
Some questions from a second year kwyhan Financial Aid 1 06-23-2010 08:12 PM
First Year Kin Questions caitygambi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 06-21-2010 07:46 AM
2nd year Psych B.A (Questions) karla carr Academics 5 06-16-2010 10:25 AM
questions (2nd year) kwyhan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 06-08-2010 07:39 PM

3rd Year Life Sci Bsc Questions

Old 06-19-2010 at 12:35 AM   #1
soft_kitty99

Liked: 0 Times

3rd Year Life Sci Bsc Questions
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in going into 3rd year Life Science Bsc and I was shadowing Honours Life Sci, but only got a 6.0 cumulative average after 2nd year, so they didn't accept me.

I was wondering the following:
(1) Is it still possible for me to shadow Honours Life Sci and have a chance at being accepted? Or is it already impossible?
(2) If not, am I allowed to take a full fourth year courseload after I finish the degree this year, and would that mean that I'm not in a program or can I continue in Life Sci Bsc? And where would this count in my GPA?

I feel really screwed in life now because I feel trapped and stupid and there's nothing I can do anymore.

Thanks..
Old 06-19-2010 at 02:29 AM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I'm relatively sure you can still be accepted next year, if you're able to pull your marks up. However, the only person who can tell you for sure is an academic advisor. They have drop in counseling in BSB in the associate dean's office, and now is probably much less busy then August/September. If you live in Hamilton or nearby, I would definitely recommend going soon. If not, you can probably still get a response via email, but it might not be as quick.

http://www.science.mcmaster. ca/ass.../advising.html

If you don't get accepted, I know quite a few people who continued to take courses after graduating, and I think you'd be able to take as many as you want. I believe these courses will count towards your GPA, although they might not be counted if you're looking at grad or professional school (so you wouldn't be able to circumvent the required 4 years that way). Again, an academic advisor is the best person to talk to.
Old 06-19-2010 at 09:55 AM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by soft_kitty99 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in going into 3rd year Life Science Bsc and I was shadowing Honours Life Sci, but only got a 6.0 cumulative average after 2nd year, so they didn't accept me.

I was wondering the following:
(1) Is it still possible for me to shadow Honours Life Sci and have a chance at being accepted? Or is it already impossible?
(2) If not, am I allowed to take a full fourth year courseload after I finish the degree this year, and would that mean that I'm not in a program or can I continue in Life Sci Bsc? And where would this count in my GPA?

I feel really screwed in life now because I feel trapped and stupid and there's nothing I can do anymore.

Thanks..

I thought you only needed a 6 avg........
Old 06-19-2010 at 12:05 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluandExile View Post
I thought you only needed a 6 avg........
That's the absolute minimum. It also depends on the CA of other applicants trying to get into the program. And since they take a certain number, they'll take applicants with the higher average.