MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upper Year student taking First Year course julianface Academics 2 06-15-2011 12:53 AM
First Year Student, Second Year course as elective Hani.Ramzan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 12-07-2010 08:29 PM
First year Msc Student librakhan Introduce Yourself 0 08-22-2010 05:38 PM
Hi... 1st year MBA student reed.gz Introduce Yourself 7 07-05-2010 10:31 AM

3rd Year MedRad Student

Old 06-15-2011 at 01:37 PM   #1
steve315

Liked: 0 Times

3rd Year MedRad Student
Hi, im starting 3rd year medical radiation in september

anyone regarding questions with medrad feel free to comment
Old 06-17-2011 at 12:12 AM   #2
kanyewest

Liked: 1 Time

Hi! Will you be an ultra sound technician then?
Old 06-20-2011 at 08:26 AM   #3
steve315

No,
I'm in radiography and currently doing my clinical placement
Old 06-20-2011 at 06:37 PM   #4
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

First Year
I am a first year student and just wondering if it matter which math to take? 1a03 or 1ls3?
Old 06-20-2011 at 06:45 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw07 View Post
I am a first year student and just wondering if it matter which math to take? 1a03 or 1ls3?
If you plan on taking more maths you'll want to do 1a03 and 1aa3. If not then 1LS3 and 1LT3 are fine. Also, if you plan on applying to professional schools makes sure they accept 1LS3 and 1LT3 (If a full year of math is required), I'm pretty sure they do but I'm not the one going through applications.
Old 06-20-2011 at 06:55 PM   #6
aw07

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
If you plan on taking more maths you'll want to do 1a03 and 1aa3. If not then 1LS3 and 1LT3 are fine. Also, if you plan on applying to professional schools makes sure they accept 1LS3 and 1LT3 (If a full year of math is required), I'm pretty sure they do but I'm not the one going through applications.

Do you know of career pathways after your four years at MAC for MedRad? I have been doing research but I am getting confused with information.
Old 06-20-2011 at 07:10 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Do you know of career pathways after your four years at MAC for MedRad? I have been doing research but I am getting confused with information.
I know you can start working, but you can also go to graduate school. Which ones I don't know.
Old 06-22-2011 at 07:38 AM   #8
steve315

There are actually more of what you can do after MedRad.

Usually you can write your certificate exam after you graduate and go right into hiring and work in the hospital as a technologist,

graduate school also requires working experience before applying as well.

Some people go into business of medical equipments travelling around the world, few go into medschool (which takes a lot of time and dedication since we don't have a lot of electives), and some go into the computer side of the program (ex: PACS - where all the images are sent and viewed).

If you are planning to just work after graduation, I heard that graduate school isn't very helpful unless you decide to go into teaching.

hope that helped
Old 06-22-2011 at 08:41 PM   #9
xFLY

Liked: 13 Times

Hey there Steve, I'm going into 1st year of MedRadSci this Sept. How are you liking the program thus far? Any advice/tips pertaining to the program.?...Thanks in advance.

Old 06-22-2011 at 08:49 PM   #10
xFLY

Liked: 13 Times

Quote:
I've been researching the same thing, check out The Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences, located in Toronto. You can take courses there after graduation from Medical Radiation Sciences, for example, you can specialize in MRI.

http://www.michener.ca/ce/postdiploma/mri.php

Old 06-23-2011 at 08:31 AM   #11
steve315

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFLY View Post
Hey there Steve, I'm going into 1st year of MedRadSci this Sept. How are you liking the program thus far? Any advice/tips pertaining to the program.?...Thanks in advance.
Hey,

The program all depends on you. There are a lot of morning classes everyday that you must get up for, and will regret if you don't.

The program itself is actually very interesting, but you really have to keep up with the work.

My 2nd year in radiography went by really fast since we had assessments and tests nonstop.

The instructors are very nice, and it is a small program so you will get to know everybody eventually.

My advice is go to class, don't fall asleep and just keep up with the work. Just by doing that, you will be able to do well.

xFLY says thanks to steve315 for this post.
Old 06-30-2011 at 01:15 PM   #12
jsaur

Liked: 5 Times

Hi, I'm also heading for 1st year medrad, and I was wondering which of the three specializations are generally the most popular. As of now, I'm interested in ultrasonography.
Old 07-04-2011 at 09:05 AM   #13
steve315

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaur View Post
Hi, I'm also heading for 1st year medrad, and I was wondering which of the three specializations are generally the most popular. As of now, I'm interested in ultrasonography.
As per the number of students going into specializations,
radiography > ultrasonography > radiation therapy.

I dont think there is a specialization that is "most popular" but radiography has the lowest cut off average, then ultrasound, then radiation therapy.
Old 07-09-2011 at 07:58 PM   #14
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Welcome to MI, thanks for joining! See you around in the forums!
Old 07-09-2011 at 08:25 PM   #15
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaur View Post
Just like any program, there's no specialization that's most popular. It depends on how many seats are available in that specialization and how high the cut-off is .