MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Course selection advice waldo92 Academics 6 08-02-2010 07:03 PM
Hon. B.A. in Psych 1st year courses thereaction First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 23 06-14-2010 10:13 PM
Course Selection Advice _Mike Academics 7 06-03-2010 12:10 PM
Course Selection Advice... demelo_b Academics 3 06-01-2010 12:19 PM
Second Year Psych Courses mgallant Academics 1 07-28-2008 04:37 PM

3rd year psych and bio courses selection advice

Old 06-19-2008 at 06:00 PM   #1
dacrown4life
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

3rd year psych and bio courses selection advice
i would like to ask you all for any advice on the following courses. these includes the courseload, level of difficulty, how the prof is like, tips for tests and other assesment

Psychology
1) Psych 3N03: Abnormal Psych
2) Psych 3GG3: Essential of Development
3) Psych 3FA3: Evolution of Memory and Learning

Biology
1) Bio 3K03: Animal Histology
2) Bio 3HH3: Cytoplasm
3) Bio 3H03: Nucleus
4) Bio 3M03: Fundamental Concepts of Development
5) Bio 3UU3: Animal Phys:Regulatory System
6) Bio 3F03: Vertebrate Anatomy

any advice would be great

mansikl likes this.
Old 06-19-2008 at 08:03 PM   #2
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

check this discussion about bio courses
http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1827 6
Old 06-25-2008 at 03:59 PM   #3
christinedj

Liked: 0 Times

i'm a psych major so here goes:

1) 3N03 - material is VERY interesting but the midterms can often be tricky. i had it w/ dr. vaillancourt but dr. day will be teaching it this year so i dont know if the outline of the course will be the same. when i took it there were 3 multiple choice midterms and 1 exam. i enjoyed it a lot!

2) 3GG3 - the material is interesting, but it really depends on the prof. i took it with rutherford, but lewis is teaching it next year. i've had her before in another child development course, but it's really hard to tell how she will teach 3GG3.

3) 3F03 - i wouldn't take this during the school year! everyone i know who has taken it has been disappointed with their marks. but then again, i am taking it now in summer school so perhaps i'll get back to you when i've completed it.

hope that helps
Old 07-29-2009 at 08:48 PM   #4
c.thomson

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacrown4life View Post

Biology
1) Bio 3K03: Animal Histology
2) Bio 3HH3: Cytoplasm
3) Bio 3H03: Nucleus
4) Bio 3M03: Fundamental Concepts of Development
5) Bio 3UU3: Animal Phys:Regulatory System
6) Bio 3F03: Vertebrate Anatomy

any advice would be great
The only course from this list that I took was 3UU3. Normally this would be taught by Dr. Rollo, but he was on sabbatical. From what I've heard about Rollo's course is that there are a lot of readings from journals. When I took this course, there were about 200 people in the class, so if you're not into big classes than I would stray away. There is no lab for this course.

I wanted to take 3H03 but it isn't offered this year :(

I think that it's 3F03 where you have labs, and during one of them you dissect a rabbit.
Old 08-17-2009 at 07:45 PM   #5
aliatehreem

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.thomson View Post
The only course from this list that I took was 3UU3. Normally this would be taught by Dr. Rollo, but he was on sabbatical. From what I've heard about Rollo's course is that there are a lot of readings from journals. When I took this course, there were about 200 people in the class, so if you're not into big classes than I would stray away. There is no lab for this course.

I wanted to take 3H03 but it isn't offered this year :(

I think that it's 3F03 where you have labs, and during one of them you dissect a rabbit.

It is offered this year. However, the course code has change to MOL BIO 3H03.
Old 08-17-2009 at 07:49 PM   #6
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Bio 3K03 and 3F03 aren't offered this year.
Old 08-17-2009 at 08:41 PM   #7
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

Can anyone elaborate on why Psych 3F03 is difficult and shouldn't be taken during the school year?
Old 08-17-2009 at 09:31 PM   #8
naimaa

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedj View Post
i'm a psych major so here goes:

1) 3N03 - material is VERY interesting but the midterms can often be tricky. i had it w/ dr. vaillancourt but dr. day will be teaching it this year so i dont know if the outline of the course will be the same. when i took it there were 3 multiple choice midterms and 1 exam. i enjoyed it a lot!

2) 3GG3 - the material is interesting, but it really depends on the prof. i took it with rutherford, but lewis is teaching it next year. i've had her before in another child development course, but it's really hard to tell how she will teach 3GG3.

3) 3F03 - i wouldn't take this during the school year! everyone i know who has taken it has been disappointed with their marks. but then again, i am taking it now in summer school so perhaps i'll get back to you when i've completed it.

hope that helps
hi!
I'm enrolled in psych 3gg3 with rutherford.
how did you find it? her teaching style and test questions?