MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Made By Mac Now Accepting Submissions staceygab MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-20-2011 07:18 AM
Do we have pay deposit when accepting offer and other OUAC questions dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-15-2010 11:09 AM
Called for Interview after Accepting Offer Allan Volunteering Opportunities 6 05-18-2010 11:50 AM
After accepting the offer Meg543 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 46 04-12-2009 03:50 PM

Accepting offer to mac?

Old 03-19-2011 at 12:19 PM   #1
autman

Liked: 0 Times

Accepting offer to mac?
Hey guys, first post here.

What exactly happens after I accept my offer from Mac. Mac was my first choice and the first school to give me and offer, followed by york. I'm waiting on Guelph and Western, but I'm really not interested in going anywhere but Mac. However, just curious if accepting my offer will burn any bridges?
Old 03-19-2011 at 12:22 PM   #2
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

I'm not sure if accepting an offer somewhere means you automatically reject your other offers, but just in case you change your mind, I wouldn't accept your offer here until closer to the deadline. You never know how you're going to feel a month or two from now, and you're not missing out on anything by waiting.

Last edited by alh24 : 03-19-2011 at 12:25 PM.

L'Étoile says thanks to alh24 for this post.
Old 03-19-2011 at 12:27 PM   #3
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

What Adelle is saying is 110% correct, you should just wait the offer won't go away unless your marks drop below the minimum they gave you. And even if you accept your offer and marks drop they will reject the offer. So there is no harm in waiting.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

alh24 says thanks to L'Étoile for this post.
Old 03-19-2011 at 09:41 PM   #4
Chandlerowns

Liked: 67 Times

I might be wrong, but I know that you only have a certain amount of time to reply to an offer. For example I accepted Life Sciences in March. However I decided to accept another offer in May for Health Science, and there was an option to decline my original life science offer that I accepted. I actually also accepted another offer from another University (Dalhousie) and also later declined that. Basically what I am saying is you only have a certain amount of time to accept an offer, especially to the same university. Just decide before you make the deposit (I think like 500$). Otherwise whats the worse that can happen for accepting an offer, you can always decline it. Better be safe then sorry.
Old 03-19-2011 at 10:18 PM   #5
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandlerowns View Post
I might be wrong, but I know that you only have a certain amount of time to reply to an offer. For example I accepted Life Sciences in March. However I decided to accept another offer in May for Health Science, and there was an option to decline my original life science offer that I accepted. I actually also accepted another offer from another University (Dalhousie) and also later declined that. Basically what I am saying is you only have a certain amount of time to accept an offer, especially to the same university. Just decide before you make the deposit (I think like 500$). Otherwise whats the worse that can happen for accepting an offer, you can always decline it. Better be safe then sorry.
sorry but i dont think that is true ... I never had such experience although i applied to 7 universities and got accepted into all AND nor did I ever hear such info ... maybe you are right i d k

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine
Old 03-19-2011 at 10:57 PM   #6
Chandlerowns

Liked: 67 Times

I think for something as big as this you should contact the universities (I know this is an old response, but this is a pretty important decision).
Old 03-19-2011 at 11:01 PM   #7
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

If you accept now the other university offers will not disappear or get rejected. The only problem is if you accept Mac and then decide to change, you will be allowed to but your MAC offer will disappear.
Old 03-19-2011 at 11:02 PM   #8
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandlerowns View Post
well firstly, dalhousie is not in ontario, so that's not part of the OUAC process. for life sci/health sci at mac its a different story because you applied for 2 different programs at the SAME university.

on the other hand, i'm pretty sure that if you accept one offer (for ex. Mac) then you automatically decline other offers from other universities. but i'm not 100% sure of this so you should double check...
Old 03-19-2011 at 11:23 PM   #9
RememberTwce
Memento Mori

Liked: 878 Times

I just skimmed over the thread so I may have missed it but what is wrong with just waiting until a few days before the deadline and then accepting? That's what I did :S
Old 03-20-2011 at 10:44 AM   #10
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwce View Post
I just skimmed over the thread so I may have missed it but what is wrong with just waiting until a few days before the deadline and then accepting? That's what I did :S
They haven't gotten all their acceptance/rejections yet
Old 03-20-2011 at 10:44 PM   #11
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

OUAC, my specialty <3 Anyways, if you accept your Mac offer, it WILL NOT reject the other offers from the other universities you applied to. Your other offers will remain in tact and you will continue to receive offers from universities that you have yet to hear from. On the same note, if you accept Mac's offer (or anyone's) and then decide to go accept ANOTHER offer, it will automatically cancel the first offer you accepted so basically, if you accept Mac's offer and then accept another one and then decide you want to go back to Mac, sorry, you're out of luck, gotta apply again.