MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
APLIA- expired? maay29 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-16-2012 09:28 AM
Expired food being used @ centro?? TriWin Residence & Housing 14 01-05-2012 09:53 AM
Admission Deadline After Accepting An Offer woozyking Academics 23 06-26-2011 10:56 AM
SOLAR - session has expired mcmaster12 Academics 2 06-22-2009 10:32 PM
SOLAR session has expired or timed out mcmaster12 General Discussion 6 06-22-2009 07:24 PM

Admission offer expired?

Old 03-13-2013 at 06:11 PM   #1
hamsterific

Liked: 9 Times

Admission offer expired?
Ohhh no :(
I was accepted to Social Sciences near the end of February, I checked daily to see if they had given me the offer on OUAC but they didn't, so for a week in there I forgot to check again and now my offer is expired!! I thought it said I had until May but it was March.. I tried calling but the office is closed now, I am so worried.. do you think they will still let me accept? It expired two days ago :( And I just came for a school tour yesterday..
Old 03-13-2013 at 06:14 PM   #2
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Go talk with someone at the registrar's office AND send them an email.

hamsterific says thanks to Afzal for this post.
Old 03-13-2013 at 06:27 PM   #3
Ponyo

Liked: 274 Times

it expired this early ?? i thought it was June 1 ??
keep checking to make sure it's not like a technical error or something
and if it still says expired go tomorrow and see them !! don't wait
office hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
they are located in Gilmour Hall, Room 108
call them again if you absolutely can't go tomorrow

hamsterific says thanks to Ponyo for this post.
Old 03-13-2013 at 06:39 PM   #4
hamsterific

I thought it was May, but I must have read the email wrong.. the email does say March.
I live an hour away from Hamilton so I can't go in person. I tried calling but the office is closed, I sent an email as well but I am going to call again at 9am tomorrow. I am sooo worried.. I really hope this doesn't mean I can't go because I have my heart set on Mac :(
Old 03-13-2013 at 06:46 PM   #5
Ponyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterific View Post
I thought it was May, but I must have read the email wrong.. the email does say March.
I live an hour away from Hamilton so I can't go in person. I tried calling but the office is closed, I sent an email as well but I am going to call again at 9am tomorrow. I am sooo worried.. I really hope this doesn't mean I can't go because I have my heart set on Mac :(
yea just call them first thing tomorrow. I really hope everything works out b/c this sucks wow :/
now you know to read everything carefully and don't leave anything until last minute
best of luck !
Old 03-13-2013 at 06:59 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
yea just call them first thing tomorrow. I really hope everything works out b/c this sucks wow :/
now you know to read everything carefully and don't leave anything until last minute
best of luck !
Lol March 13 is hardly last-minute if you think the deadline is in May

But yeah, everyone makes mistakes like this sometimes, it is important to read carefully though.
Weird that it's in March though...is there something special about what you applied to? Because it usually is at the end of May....

hamsterific says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 03-13-2013 at 07:04 PM   #7
hamsterific

Thanks Starfish. I didn't really wait til the last minute - I checked OUAC every day from the day I got accepted. After 4-5 days of OUAC not updating with my offer, I figured I'd give it some time since I had til May. I just read the email wrong I guess and realized two days too late :( I had less than three weeks to accept and the first week of that, the offer wasn't even up on the website yet.

I applied to Social Sciences. I'm worried because it seems like a popular program, I am afraid there will be no spaces left or something :(
Old 03-13-2013 at 07:09 PM   #8
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

wtf march..? That's early...
Email them tonight, call them tomorrow.

hamsterific says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 03-13-2013 at 07:17 PM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterific View Post
Thanks Starfish. I didn't really wait til the last minute - I checked OUAC every day from the day I got accepted. After 4-5 days of OUAC not updating with my offer, I figured I'd give it some time since I had til May. I just read the email wrong I guess and realized two days too late :( I had less than three weeks to accept and the first week of that, the offer wasn't even up on the website yet.

I applied to Social Sciences. I'm worried because it seems like a popular program, I am afraid there will be no spaces left or something :(
Social Science I? That's really strange that your offer expires in March...
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it's some sort of error...I don't want to give you false hope or anything, but it really does seem weird that it expires in March. Then again, I don't know anything about the admissions procedures...but I don't remember any March deadlines from when I was applying. Heck, I remember one of my friends going and applying to five additional programs in March!
Old 03-13-2013 at 07:20 PM   #10
Ponyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Lol March 13 is hardly last-minute if you think the deadline is in May

But yeah, everyone makes mistakes like this sometimes, it is important to read carefully though.
Weird that it's in March though...is there something special about what you applied to? Because it usually is at the end of May....
i was saying in general you should read carefully, then accept it ASAP
i didn't include May :/
Old 03-13-2013 at 07:27 PM   #11
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyo View Post
i was saying in general you should read carefully, then accept it ASAP
i didn't include May :/
The general deadline though is supposed to be the end of May, unless things have changed *drastically*.

Like, you get offers from Dec-May, and then sometime in late May is the last day to get an offer, and then 2-3 days later is when you need to accept. You shouldn't *have* to accept it ASAP...we were explicitly told not to, actually, in case you change your mind or something. And right now, it's entirely possible that you haven't even got all of your offers yet.

So yeah...I don't think it was left to the last minute and I don't think you should have to accept your offer ASAP after you get it. And, the OP couldn't even accept it because it wasn't appearing on OUAC

Idk, maybe I'm completely missing something? But this whole March-deadline thing is super confusing.
Old 03-13-2013 at 07:34 PM   #12
Ponyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
The general deadline though is supposed to be the end of May, unless things have changed *drastically*.

Like, you get offers from Dec-May, and then sometime in late May is the last day to get an offer, and then 2-3 days later is when you need to accept. You shouldn't *have* to accept it ASAP...we were explicitly told not to, actually, in case you change your mind or something. And right now, it's entirely possible that you haven't even got all of your offers yet.

So yeah...I don't think it was left to the last minute and I don't think you should have to accept your offer ASAP after you get it. And, the OP couldn't even accept it because it wasn't appearing on OUAC

Idk, maybe I'm completely missing something? But this whole March-deadline thing is super confusing.
i'm not up to arguing so okay w.e you say
and yea that's why im surprised for me i had until JUNE 1 !! maybe there is a mistake
and when she calls everything will be okay
Old 03-13-2013 at 07:46 PM   #13
hamsterific

Thanks for the replies guys I'm glad to hear that a March deadline is unusual, maybe that means spots are still available.. It just seems weird because applications are still being accepted for a while. Hopefully it will work out when I call them tomorrow.
Old 03-14-2013 at 06:24 PM   #14
allanandthera

Liked: 33 Times

I think you read the date wrong on your ouac, it should say something like 2013-06-03. Maybe you read it as march 6th 2013, but it should be june 3rd 2013. Weird because no way should the offer expire in march :/ alot of people didn't even get into the program yet...
Old 03-14-2013 at 06:32 PM   #15
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

yeah people dont even get accepted until march so you may be good

hamsterific says thanks to MacPack for this post.