advice on easy english courses ley5 Academics 17 04-28-2011 09:44 PM
Need Advice on Commerce Summer Courses icecubz Academics 7 02-23-2011 02:42 AM
Advice on Summer School Courses _Mike Academics 10 05-04-2010 07:14 PM

Advice on SHADOWING courses

Old 04-18-2013 at 01:36 PM   #1
NICKO

Liked: 0 Times

Advice on SHADOWING courses
Hi everyone, I'll try to keep it relatively brief. My initial goal upon coming to University was to major in History, i'm currently enrolled in Humanities 1. My first semester went really well, my marks were well above the required admission requirements for History level 2. However, during the second semester I faced some issues, and was literally missing my classes for weeks at a time. As a result I failed two classes, and my marks were mediocre for the other ones... 6 & 7's. Now my question for you guys is I just spoke to an academic adviser, and apparently I qualify for a B.A program in Theatre and Film (Something I do not intend on majoring in). Her advice is to pursue Theatre and Film for a year, while "shadowing" my history courses, and then switch my Major third year. Now this seems like a perfect solution, i'm just wondering if my enrollment in Theatre and Film would be by title only, or will I actually be forced to take classes within their faculty (nothing against it, I would just rather not). Any advice or info you guys have on Shadowing would be great. Also summer school is not an option, I live hours away from campus, but I am open to online classes.
Old 04-18-2013 at 02:03 PM   #2
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKO View Post
Hi everyone, I'll try to keep it relatively brief. My initial goal upon coming to University was to major in History, i'm currently enrolled in Humanities 1. My first semester went really well, my marks were well above the required admission requirements for History level 2. However, during the second semester I faced some issues, and was literally missing my classes for weeks at a time. As a result I failed two classes, and my marks were mediocre for the other ones... 6 & 7's. Now my question for you guys is I just spoke to an academic adviser, and apparently I qualify for a B.A program in Theatre and Film (Something I do not intend on majoring in). Her advice is to pursue Theatre and Film for a year, while "shadowing" my history courses, and then switch my Major third year. Now this seems like a perfect solution, i'm just wondering if my enrollment in Theatre and Film would be by title only, or will I actually be forced to take classes within their faculty (nothing against it, I would just rather not). Any advice or info you guys have on Shadowing would be great. Also summer school is not an option, I live hours away from campus, but I am open to online classes.
You should discuss the specifics of shadowing with your academic advisor.

Usually, you don't need to take courses in the major that you are registered in, but some people do so that they have something to fall back on if their transfer doesn't work out.

Also talk to an advisor if you plan on using online courses to gain admission into a program, since usually Mac counts courses from other schools as "pass/fail" and they don't count towards your Mac CA.