MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
profs bio 1a03 Chevalier Academics 0 07-08-2010 06:13 PM
Profs cwong First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 07-07-2010 07:22 PM
can anyone tell me about these profs? sj316 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-29-2008 10:52 AM
psych profs dondada Academics 2 08-08-2008 02:57 PM
Picking Profs GarniT Academics 4 07-08-2008 11:51 AM

Advice on some bio profs

Old 07-22-2010 at 09:41 PM   #16
deone

Liked: 0 Times

Haha I see

Besides cyto im taking bio 3u03, life sci 2a03, 3a03, 3b03, both physics, both orgos, immuno

I wasnt sure if I should take bio with nurse or life sci with dej

How about you guys?
Old 07-22-2010 at 09:42 PM   #17
Sameen

Liked: 3 Times

Yeah I have to agree with what everyone's saying about Dr.Dej. She is very fair.
I thought that Dr.Nurse's lecures were extremely boring...you can get the same info out of the book that he teaches in class..nothing new is taught in class and i don't remember him giving any hints either. His tests are pretty fair though, not as hard as Dr.Wilson's but not as easy as Dr.Dej's...so somewhere in the middle!
Old 07-22-2010 at 10:26 PM   #18
tashatjong

Liked: 1 Time

BOTH ORGOS AND BOTH PHYSICS? good luck!!

i took lifesci 2a03 with dej. with the other courses you're taking, i think it will REALLY help. although the course material last year was really... umm, how should i say it.. random :\ i found it a pointless course but the workload is not that heavy [though, pretty annoying sometimes] and the material may be interesting to a few interesting individuals, haha. i don't know, though. i'm pretty sure the course got some pretty bad reviews last year, so hopefully she revised it to make it more.. enjoyable
Old 07-22-2010 at 10:31 PM   #19
deone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashatjong View Post
BOTH ORGOS AND BOTH PHYSICS? good luck!!

i took lifesci 2a03 with dej. with the other courses you're taking, i think it will REALLY help. although the course material last year was really... umm, how should i say it.. random :\ i found it a pointless course but the workload is not that heavy [though, pretty annoying sometimes] and the material may be interesting to a few interesting individuals, haha. i don't know, though. i'm pretty sure the course got some pretty bad reviews last year, so hopefully she revised it to make it more.. enjoyable
Hahaha thanks.

I dont know if dej is teaching 2a03 again, it doesnt say

What are you taking this year?
Old 07-22-2010 at 10:55 PM   #20
tashatjong

Liked: 1 Time

i'm taking a bunch of randoms this year, haha. like 4 or so psych courses and lifesci 3a03 and 3b03.. mmm immuno, ohoh gerontology [just got into that one today, yay ], genetics with dej, and two more courses which i cannot remember right now, haha. i know that one of them is a humanities that i plan on dropping [and hopefully picking up moral issues in its place. i REALLY want to take that course]
Old 07-22-2010 at 11:46 PM   #21
Scrub
Original "G"

Liked: 57 Times

Dr. Nurse is boring, but he is a very good lecturer IF you are able to concentrate on what he is saying (very hard to do, i fell asleep a lot during his BIO 2A03 lectures). He is also a great prof to talk to after class or during office hours, just cause he is so layed back and thorough with his explanations. His Jamaican (west indies) accent made him a funny guy to listen to, I always felt like I was watchin those old Malibu rum commercials haha . Dr. Dej is great, but I dunno she seems TOO nice if you ask me.
Old 07-23-2010 at 12:14 AM   #22
deone

Moral issues was a great course!! I would def. recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
Dr. Nurse is boring, but he is a very good lecturer IF you are able to concentrate on what he is saying (very hard to do, i fell asleep a lot during his BIO 2A03 lectures). He is also a great prof to talk to after class or during office hours, just cause he is so layed back and thorough with his explanations. His Jamaican (west indies) accent made him a funny guy to listen to, I always felt like I was watchin those old Malibu rum commercials haha . Dr. Dej is great, but I dunno she seems TOO nice if you ask me.

haha thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind and load up on caffeine
Old 07-23-2010 at 08:54 AM   #23
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

I don't think Dej will be teaching life sci 2A03 cuz she's on mat leave :(