MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accepting the payment agreement? kuruczpa First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-25-2010 03:10 PM
Do we have pay deposit when accepting offer and other OUAC questions dlee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-15-2010 11:09 AM
Called for Interview after Accepting Offer Allan Volunteering Opportunities 6 05-18-2010 11:50 AM
Accepting my admissions for second year BrendonM Academics 2 06-08-2009 01:26 PM

After accepting the offer

Old 05-20-2008 at 12:46 AM   #31
alee90

Liked: 57 Times

Wait, so it's online, not actually in the offer package i got back a while ago?
Old 05-20-2008 at 06:13 AM   #32
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Res application stuff is online, yes. You should have some literature that tells you where to go online.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-20-2008 at 12:55 PM   #33
**jewel 03**

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
You need to activate your MACID in order to access SOLAR and your other services. SOLAR is what you use to pick your classes, and there are set dates that you are allowed to choose your courses (we've posted these dates up before... check the recent posts on the homepage and you'll find them). Once your date comes up, you'll have to quickly log into SOLAR, pick your courses (there is a time limit before it boots you off), agree to the payment agreement, and log out.

If you haven't activated your MacID services by then, you won't be able to access SOLAR until you do... so activating it all now saves you time when its your turn to pick courses. Also, your email won't be active for a few days after you activate (it isn't instant).
hey I've been looking for those dates as to when to pick your courses but I can't find them, you said check the recent posts on the homepage but I still can't find them :( any help?
Old 05-20-2008 at 03:54 PM   #34
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

It's under Previous MacInsiders articles at the bottom of the page.

You can also search for it using our search function, which is at the top righthand corner of the webpage.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-22-2008 at 12:59 AM   #35
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

SOLAR CLASS SELECTION DATES:

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthread.php?t=1810 0
Old 06-09-2008 at 12:35 PM   #36
pjohnson
Liaison Officer - Registrar's Office

All the information with regards to residence, meal plans, online applications, etc. is included in the CD that was in your package. Did anyone here actually view the CD in the offer package - just curious to know if it was helpful.
Old 06-09-2008 at 12:50 PM   #37
woodlawngirl

Liked: 0 Times

i never got a 'package' with anything in it...
Old 06-09-2008 at 12:55 PM   #38
pjohnson
Liaison Officer - Registrar's Office

Woodlawngirl,

I notice that you are from Dartmouth. Unfortunately, out-of-province students did not receive a hard copy mailing either so you missed out on the CD. There should have been a link to the residence online application in your offer email.
Old 06-09-2008 at 01:10 PM   #39
woodlawngirl

oh that sucks! but thats okay, i managed to figure out everything!
Old 06-09-2008 at 01:27 PM   #40
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, for those who did get the CD-ROM in their packages ...what did you think about it? Did you find it useful?
Old 06-09-2008 at 02:14 PM   #41
dragonfly

I got the CD but it wasn't compatible with my Macbook.

I thought it was a cool idea, just wished i could of watched it. I tried opening it up in a windows emulator but it was painfully slow.
Old 06-09-2008 at 02:21 PM   #42
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

I think it was made in Flash... may be able to put it online so students on Mac can view it.
Old 06-09-2008 at 02:24 PM   #43
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

I watched th CD, I thought it was great because when I got my acceptance I was SOO excited that I through it in and imagined I was there lol! There was lots of useful info though. great idea!
Old 03-02-2009 at 11:05 AM   #44
Stealth

yeah..the interactive CD was DEFINITELY very useful...alot more detail and indepth personal opinions made it all very helpful to understand what mac is all about
Old 03-02-2009 at 02:23 PM   #45
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by __lexington View Post
I must ask, because it's easier than spend hours searching for something I'll never find, but how did you ORDER a PAPER copy of the Undergrad calendar? I'd agree on it being easier. I mean...sorting through all the courses online is daunting! (i know so high school)...I'd also assume it will only be sent out when it's completed? :S *shrug*

Again...accpeting the application was very anti-climactic.
You could just go to your Academic Advisor. I know when I went into the Engineering Office they had boxes lol. The Academic Advisor said I could just take one if I needed it. I thought they were free to begin with...