MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Arkells Concert Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-11-2010 12:38 PM
Alexisonfire Concert Chad MacInsiders Announcements 22 09-07-2010 08:12 PM
Playing pool at Mac? _Luu_ General Discussion 18 08-31-2010 06:12 PM
Tokyo Police Club Playing a FREE Show lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 05-26-2009 02:16 PM

Alexisonfire and the Arkells playing Welcome Week!!

Old 08-20-2010 at 02:14 PM   #75
bl4ckbird

Liked: 0 Times
non-mac students
Can we bring non-mac students to this?

Old 08-20-2010 at 02:24 PM   #76
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times
Frank Believes
I'm gonna say with about 95% confidence that the free concert is off limits to non mac students.
I'm 60% sure the paid concert is off limits.

Best I got.

Old 08-20-2010 at 04:42 PM   #77
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times
If anyone had any doubts about the Arkells, see the frontman, Max Kerman, doing an acoustic version of John Lennon earlier this summer at 1280.

Very interactive and fun, and I've heard it's even like this in the full show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vBKdZTK30g

Old 08-20-2010 at 04:50 PM   #78
smolly

I've seen both bands live (separate shows) and had an amazing time at both.
I'm so excited to see them again!

Old 08-24-2010 at 05:57 PM   #79
corese

Alexis and arkerlls!Awesome can't wait

Old 08-26-2010 at 09:02 PM   #80
GetFighted

Liked: Liked 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
Cute. I can play the same cop out card and say that, because you enjoy vomit such as Alexisonfire, your arguments from here on out are irrelevant.

Get better.

FrankMiljour, lawleypop like this.

Old 08-30-2010 at 12:43 AM   #81
siddiquo

Liked: Liked 3 Times
Okay, so. Definitive answer would be cool

Can non-Mac students come to the concerts?
All the answers so far have been pretty vague.

Could a guest just pay the price and get in? Do we get checked for our student cards at the door or something?

Old 08-30-2010 at 04:44 AM   #82
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaront View Post
If anyone had any doubts about the Arkells, see the frontman, Max Kerman, doing an acoustic version of John Lennon earlier this summer at 1280.

Very interactive and fun, and I've heard it's even like this in the full show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vBKdZTK30g
All that managed to do was convince me that I'm going for the sole purpose of hitting on him.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-30-2010 at 07:18 AM   #83
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times
I'm not a fan of Alexisonfire, but I did go see them when they played for my Welcome Week, and it was fun. You don't need to be a fan to go to a concert and have a great time. And I'm sure most of the people who go will also have a great time.

For me at least though, the main problem I'm seeing is how we have only the same 10 or so bands that play Welcome Week at every school, every year. Obviously if a band is in the area for one show they'll try to get more in the same area, so schools are going to share bands. But do they need to be the same bands each and every year? There are tonnes of bands that can be gotten cheap that don't fit into that crowd- it just requires a bit of thinking outside the box. aka Bo Burnham at Guelph.

The Arkells are sort of an obvious choice, but a good one. I'm happy with that one, and I'm sure it will be an awesome concert.

I heard rumors that Cancer Bats might be opening for Alexis, which would actually be pretty cool. If that happens I wouldn't be disappointed.

Old 08-30-2010 at 10:21 AM   #84
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddiquo View Post
Okay, so. Definitive answer would be cool

Can non-Mac students come to the concerts?
All the answers so far have been pretty vague.

Could a guest just pay the price and get in? Do we get checked for our student cards at the door or something?
This question was asked so many times, I'm pretty sure no one knows. Call Campus Events, they should be able to answer your question.

Old 09-12-2010 at 01:13 PM   #85
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times
Hopefully the amazingness of that Arkells show last night, and Alexisonfire for that matter, shut up all the haters.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search