MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Arkells Concert Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-11-2010 12:38 PM
Alexisonfire Concert Chad MacInsiders Announcements 22 09-07-2010 08:12 PM
Playing pool at Mac? _Luu_ General Discussion 18 08-31-2010 06:12 PM
Tokyo Police Club Playing a FREE Show lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 05-26-2009 02:16 PM

Alexisonfire and the Arkells playing Welcome Week!!

Old 08-12-2010 at 03:31 PM   #60
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak705 View Post
I saw AOF when they played at the U of G 2 years ago, clearly I wasn't a student. :p They way they had it set up, non-students just paid more for a ticket. Maybe it'll be similar here. If the show is at faculty hollow, you could pretty much just walk up without a ticket. From what I remember last year, absolutely no one was checking anything at all.
whats faculty hollow :O

Old 08-12-2010 at 03:40 PM   #61
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayok8737 View Post
whats faculty hollow :O
It's a dip in the landscape that's perfect for shows with the stage at the bottom. It's located between Edwards and Hamilton Hall.

sayok8737 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.

Old 08-12-2010 at 03:50 PM   #62
Jellybeanz

Liked: 23 Times
Arkells <3

Old 08-16-2010 at 11:04 AM   #63
GetFighted

Liked: Liked 2 Times
compared to other schools, we're actually super lucky. The only bands that could have done as well are metric or USS. Maybe even Flatliners.

Old 08-18-2010 at 11:15 PM   #64
goth-lover

Liked: Liked 2 Times
it doesn't get much better than alexisonfire eh

Old 08-18-2010 at 11:17 PM   #65
belindz!

Liked: 17 Times
hell yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa alexisonfire!!!!

Old 08-19-2010 at 12:23 AM   #66
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcars View Post
To all the critics or people who are upset at the choices of bands:

Alexisonfire played Welcome Week two years ago and at the time a lot of people were skeptical about the genre of their music and how Mac students would receive it. A great deal of people showed up, both those who like them and those who don't, and there's a reason Alexisonfire is back just two years later. They rocked Faculty Hollow. Alexisonfire was by far the best welcome week concert we've had in several years, and whether you like their music or not it's an absolutely fantastic live performance and they love playing at Mac. The drummer is from Hamilton and the rest are from St. Catherines so there's a bit of local nostalgia and you can see it when you've seen them as often as I have. They are terrific.

As far as the Arkells go, they might be the only band that's a better fit at McMaster then Alexisonfire. The Arkells went to McMaster. They are AMAZING musicians, and won the McMaster battle of the bands about 4 years ago. Absolutely phenomenal live, and I've met the guys; they are all really great guys and they love playing at Mac.

I can promise you all that this will be the best welcome week concert series McMaster may have ever had. Last year sucked; illScarlett was good but their openers USS were booed, and on Saturday, Justin Nozuka bored the crowd, Stereos was a monstrosity of a performance and by the time the decent Down With Webster came on stage, some people had left and the rest of the crowd seemed a little irritated at the quality of musicians before DWW.

Also, we will have other musicians throughout the year. The one thing McMaster is very good for (and be grateful) is our quality of concerts. We get good support from the Student Union and as a result many students from other schools are noticeably jealous of our concerts. In the last few years we've had Alexisonfire, Tokyo Police Club, Protest the Hero, Neverending White Lights, illScarlett, Mariana's Trench, Johnny Truant, Classified, Justin Nozuka, Down With Webster, Stereos, k-os, Hedley, among many others I just can't think of right now.

You've got to remember two important things:

1) We will only have Canadian artists as American artists are way too expensive.
2) We DO have a limited budget, and some of the bigger names in Canadian music are too expensive for University concerts, i.e. Drake, Billy Talent, Rush, Nickelback.

Keeping that in mind, the quality and quantity of artists we bring in is, if not THE best in Ontario, one of the best. Mac has a great music scene. You won't be disappointed.
...Nickelback?

belindz! likes this.

Old 08-19-2010 at 12:58 AM   #67
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times
Christ, if you want a cheap garbage show, get Black Guard. They tour non-stop, suck donkey dick, and put on shows for $10 a ticket. I'm sure Mac could afford it. They're pretty bad, but they're at least better than Alexisonfire. By a long shot.

http://www.myspace.com/blackguard

Great as Profugus Mortis, terrible after signing with Nuclear Blast.

Last edited by eullwm : 08-19-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Old 08-19-2010 at 05:28 PM   #68
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
Christ, if you want a cheap garbage show, get Black Guard. They tour non-stop, suck donkey dick, and put on shows for $10 a ticket. I'm sure Mac could afford it. They're pretty bad, but they're at least better than Alexisonfire. By a long shot.

http://www.myspace.com/blackguard

Great as Profugus Mortis, terrible after signing with Nuclear Blast.

You mentioned you prefer kesha. All your arguments from here on out are irrelevant.

I hated AOF, until they came to Mac two years ago. I am EXTREMELY excited to see them again. And the Arkells.. well they never fail to put on a great show. Honestly, concerts aren't only about the music, it's also about the atmosphere. Both these bands are amazing live for that reason alone.

Old 08-19-2010 at 05:32 PM   #69
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiljour View Post
You mentioned you prefer kesha. All your arguments from here on out are irrelevant.

I hated AOF, until they came to Mac two years ago. I am EXTREMELY excited to see them again. And the Arkells.. well they never fail to put on a great show. Honestly, concerts aren't only about the music, it's also about the atmosphere. Both these bands are amazing live for that reason alone.
Fail argument fails.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 08-19-2010 at 05:37 PM   #70
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times
I never heard of them both
are they good?

Old 08-19-2010 at 11:43 PM   #71
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiljour View Post

Cute. I can play the same cop out card and say that, because you enjoy vomit such as Alexisonfire, your arguments from here on out are irrelevant.

Get better.

Old 08-20-2010 at 01:04 PM   #72
FrankMiljour

Liked: 4 Times
Frank Believes
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Fail argument fails.
Cute. Redundant comment is redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
Cute. I can play the same cop out card and say that, because you enjoy vomit such as Alexisonfire, your arguments from here on out are irrelevant.

Get better.
I refuse to enduldge your trolling anymore. 1 post (2 now) is enough. You've made your opinion known. No need repeating it over and over again.

Old 08-20-2010 at 01:27 PM   #73
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times
You won't indulge but you rebute using the same methods. Icwutudidthar.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

FrankMiljour likes this.

Old 08-20-2010 at 01:37 PM   #74
eric_3490

Liked: 7 Times
Does anybody know if you can get into the concert without being a student at mac?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search