MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking courses after graduating? Mr.Prodigy Academics 3 06-05-2010 06:49 PM
Graduating from a combined program Goce Academics 1 05-13-2010 09:46 AM
Becoming a Welcome Week Rep: Reflection of a Graduating Student lorend Welcome Week Repping 6 02-07-2010 10:31 PM
Life Science Graduating Requirements jimimusic First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-09-2009 06:56 PM
Attention Those Graduating in Spring Convocation lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 03-10-2009 07:10 AM

am i graduating???

Old 02-07-2010 at 07:51 PM   #1
macculkin

Liked: 5 Times

am i graduating???
I completed my first 3 years and received a BA degree. Now I'm back at mac and am completing my 4th year to get the BA(H) degree and will be done in April.

However, when I look at my degree audit on mugsi it now says "COURSES INELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAMME" above all my courses from year 1,2 &3.

Does this mean all those courses don't count and I'm not going to graduate in April?

Also, I never received any emails or anything about filling out the grad card and paying for the ceremony. I filled it out and paid for it anyway just in case because I didn't want to miss the deadline.

Last edited by macculkin : 02-07-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:03 PM   #2
macculkin

ok it says i had to fill out the card and pay by nov 6.... but i just did this about 5 minutes ago. so what does that mean?

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /convocation/fees.html
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:08 PM   #3
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

They obviously have not updated most of their convocation related pages. The Grad Card for Spring 2010 convocation only became available about a week ago. You're fine.

macculkin says thanks to sniderj for this post.
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:12 PM   #4
macculkin

but was i supposed to receive some sort of email telling me to fill out the card and pay? i just did it because i saw a post on macinsiders last week or something about the card and had no idea what that was. so thanks, macinsiders!
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:18 PM   #5
sniderj
Elite Member

One would think they would send an e-mail. To be honest, I can't remember if I got one or not. You may want to speak with an Academic Advisor to put your concerns to rest Re: Your Degree Audit.
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:24 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I got an email from Humanities late last week (Thurs or Fri). I believe the deadline is sometime in March.

I'm doing a second degree, and my degree audit is kind of screwed up too. It says all of my past courses don't count...but...they do, because I'll be graduating (again) with Honours in the spring after two years.

I think the degree audit program just can't handle it. When I was in first and second year if you were doing a combined honours the degree audit wouldn't work...so...it seems they are slooooowly making progress.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

macculkin says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:30 PM   #7
KaylaG
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

can someone send me the link for the grad card...i never got one emailed.
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:31 PM   #8
macculkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
I got an email from Humanities late last week (Thurs or Fri). I believe the deadline is sometime in March.

I'm doing a second degree, and my degree audit is kind of screwed up too. It says all of my past courses don't count...but...they do, because I'll be graduating (again) with Honours in the spring after two years.

I think the degree audit program just can't handle it. When I was in first and second year if you were doing a combined honours the degree audit wouldn't work...so...it seems they are slooooowly making progress.
ok thanks... all my previous courses are the exact same courses i would have taken if i signed up for the 4 years originally so hopefully it is just another stupid mugsi issue.
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:32 PM   #9
sniderj
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaG View Post
https://awc.mcmaster.ca/gradcard/default.aspx
Old 02-07-2010 at 08:32 PM   #10
macculkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaG View Post
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /convo...nse/index.php#
you also have to fill out the graduate response form (even if you're not planning on attending the ceremony).