MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Things that are annoying AelyaS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 582 12-24-2010 02:43 AM
Help!! Submission Error JS123321 Computers & Tech 5 01-31-2010 12:18 AM
Personal Signature Error xo.monica Computers & Tech 21 12-27-2009 06:00 AM
OSAP error! HELP! xo.monica General Discussion 7 07-27-2009 12:49 AM
Payment Agreement Error!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-17-2008 03:09 PM

Annoying site error...

Old 05-02-2010 at 02:20 AM   #1
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Annoying site error...
Has anyone besides me been experiencing this annoying error on the site lately when trying to look at threads?

Quote:
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/webround/public_html/macinsiders/showthread.php(1044) : eval()'d code
Line: 15
I thought my computer was just messed up, but I've experienced the same problem on several computers since.
Old 05-02-2010 at 08:36 AM   #2
R.L.

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Has anyone besides me been experiencing this annoying error on the site lately when trying to look at threads?

I thought my computer was just messed up, but I've experienced the same problem on several computers since.
Yeah, I had the same problem a few times but I haven't encountered it recently.
Old 05-02-2010 at 08:36 AM   #3
thatdudeukno

Weird. I haven't seen that error.
Old 05-02-2010 at 11:10 AM   #4
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Yea same lol. I asked the same question in other thread but everybody ignored it. I didn't want to start a new thread because i thought it might be a problem with my computer lol.

It only takes place when i am signed out though. When I sign in, everything works fine!
Old 05-02-2010 at 12:27 PM   #5
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
It only takes place when i am signed out though. When I sign in, everything works fine!
Ya, only works when I'm logged in too. Also, does anyone find that the website logs you out again waaaayyyy to quickly (cookies expiring I guess) after logging in?

Feels annoying man.
Old 05-02-2010 at 12:28 PM   #6
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Ya happens to me quite a lot now. You can clear your recent history (ctrl+alt+del) in firefox to fix it thats what Ive been doing.
Old 05-02-2010 at 12:30 PM   #7
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

I'm thinking it has something to do with the message that says you have viewed too many threads/posts as a guest and there might be an error with the message image code.
Old 05-02-2010 at 12:38 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Hahaha, how ironic, i clicked on this thread and got this message:
"Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/webround/public_html/macinsiders/showthread.php(1044) : eval()'d code
Line: 15"

Cleared cookies and can enter the thread now..
Old 05-02-2010 at 03:30 PM   #9
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
Ya happens to me quite a lot now. You can clear your recent history (ctrl+alt+del) in firefox to fix it thats what Ive been doing.
Ya, I've been doing the exact same thing. It's getting really annoying...

If it truely is linked to the "You have to log in to be able to read more crap", the feature should be removed. I think it's really dumb that a student must be a member just to be able to read anything.

Last edited by Ownaginatios : 05-02-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2010 at 04:44 PM   #10
jordko

Liked: 13 Times

Ya I always have this problem
Old 05-02-2010 at 04:48 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Ya, I've been doing the exact same thing. It's getting really annoying...

If it truely is linked to the "You have to log in to be able to read more crap", the feature should be removed. I think it's really dumb that a student must be a member just to be able to read anything.
I think the feature has been put in place to prevent spammers from posting in multiple threads.
Old 05-03-2010 at 12:02 AM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hey all,

Been looking into this recent problem and I think I've fixed it. I believe it was caused by a recent modification that was installed in the forums to get new users to view and agree to the Code of Conduct prior to posting. Let me know if you see the error coming up again?

Once you login you shouldn't be auto logged out or 'timed out' quickly at all.. it should keep you logged in, especially if you login via the button at the top of the site...

As for the limited post viewing, we've had that on basically since the beginning of MI, and the reason is that we don't want forum creepers... we want students to become a part of the MI community and encourage them to register an account and in turn try and encourage posting questions, asking others for assistance, networking, etc. and become an MI member, rather than staying anonymous and just reading forum conversations. We can't help anonymous visitors!

Ownaginatios says thanks to Chad for this post.
Old 05-04-2010 at 11:56 AM   #13
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

I've still be recieving it occasionally but not as often as before. Yes I creep the forums without signing in
Old 05-04-2010 at 12:11 PM   #14
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Hmm. I can't seem to recreate the problem anymore.. when does it still happen for you? If you log out right now and view a forum thread you see it? How is it coming up 'occassionally'?
Old 05-05-2010 at 11:38 AM   #15
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Ya nvm. I've been browsing without signing in now and haven't encountered the error message today. Looks like you fixed it.