MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soccer Try out harman911 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-14-2010 10:27 AM
On a lighter note....Tennis anyone? Wimbledon specifically.. Scrub General Discussion 75 07-14-2009 10:08 PM
On a lighter note.. let's do a "get to know each other" thread =D killza First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 205 07-06-2009 08:31 PM
On another lighter note - NASCAR anyone? jade177 General Discussion 7 07-04-2009 11:28 PM
Soccer at Mac nikhil Athletics & Recreation 9 08-04-2007 11:09 PM

On another another lighter note - soccer anyone?

Old 07-06-2009 at 11:13 AM   #31
tio123

Liked: 0 Times

Its all about Arsenal
Old 07-06-2009 at 11:13 AM   #32
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz.Morra13 View Post
nawh u never do, i've got permanent damage in one ankle (misdiagnosis.. it wasn't pretty), and the other one had 2nd degree tears so yeah they're never able to retain original elasticity. and LOL at the violence. violence can be fun......... no i jk B would be fun but at the same time you don't want frustrating people to play with either right?
hhaha lol I love being in any ruckus, I used to play Men's A division back home in Pakistan when I was like 13/14. And back home like 15/16 teams were working class/underprivileged hence they HATED our upper middle and above class team with flashy shoes and media coverage with immense passion. It was like their way of getting back, I have like so many broken bones but thankfully my legs were spared
But it gets horrible for a Ref to control the game, especially indoors where everyone is in such close proximity. And oddly it is the girls A division that has the worst human beings ever! Like seriously the lengths they go to harrass and abuse(verbally) made me sick. Lol this is a pg 13 forum so I can't even go into details

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 07-06-2009 at 11:15 AM   #33
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
hhaha lol I love being in any ruckus, I used to play Men's A division back home in Pakistan when I was like 13/14. And back home like 15/16 teams were working class/underprivileged hence they HATED our upper middle and above class team with flashy shoes and media coverage with immense passion. It was like their way of getting back, I have like so many broken bones but thankfully my legs were spared
But it gets horrible for a Ref to control the game, especially indoors where everyone is in such close proximity. And oddly it is the girls A division that has the worst human beings ever! Like seriously the lengths they go to harrass and abuse(verbally) made me sick. Lol this is a pg 13 forum so I can't even go into details
oh my god ur telling me! just yesterday at my game there was a fight..some girl was being held by the throat like it wasn't pretty. and obviously girls dont stop there we have to throw in sl*t b*tch wh*re whenever possible. oh girls soccer <3. it can be fun though because of the stories u have to tell afterwards and the bruises u have to prove it.
Old 07-06-2009 at 11:16 AM   #34
huzaifa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tio123 View Post
Its all about Arsenal
Suure Hadi, I don't see Arsenal making the top 4 next year once Barcelona nab Fabregas and Adebayor runs off to Milan. Remember both of the clubs have yet to make a big money signing and they defo will!

Old 07-06-2009 at 11:18 AM   #35
Mz.Morra13

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Suure Hadi, I don't see Arsenal making the top 4 next year once Barcelona nab Fabregas and Adebayor runs off to Milan. Remember both of the clubs have yet to make a big money signing and they defo will!
lol my bfs an arsenal fan.. ahahahaa this will be fun to tell him
Old 07-06-2009 at 11:30 AM   #36
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Its all about Arsenal
It's all about Everton.
Old 07-06-2009 at 11:34 AM   #37
tio123

Liked: 0 Times

Huzaifa: you guys lost CR7 and signed Owen... And for all I care I'd rather have Fabregas leave, he's ****ing garbage. Adebayor is good but I'm sure he's replacable... the team is young, they play the nicest football, and now all we need are some good signings.

I'm telling you this much. Arsenal has a better chance of winning EPL than Man Utd.
Old 07-06-2009 at 11:41 AM   #38
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Quote:
Yep there is A, B and C division; I would avoid A division though if you just want to play for fun people in A are very nasty and most probably secretly have psychopathic- violent fetishes or something. All they do is hack your ankles and shins, I've had the worst of times with them while Reffing last year. B & C are much more casual and fun.

There is an outdoor season in Fall, it starts around end of September I think :S And then there is an Indoor season in Middle/Late Jan- Early Feb

Making a team isn't a bad idea lol, as long as you can get people who SHOW UP that's the biggest issue, especially during outdoor season. Everyone is far too lazy/hungover to show up on weekends...
So all intramural games are on weekends? And indoor is only available in Winter Term?
Old 07-06-2009 at 12:51 PM   #39
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I played both indoor and outdoor soccer intramurals this past year. It was actually pretty good. I played for a B division outdoor team and for indoor I played for an A division team and a B division team. It was a great experience so I definitely recommend it. Yeah, the games were during the weekend. Indoor intramurals start in January so yup, it's only during the winter. Like Huzaifa said, the A division teams got pretty nasty at times. I remember someone got pushed and hurt their elbow during one of the games. It was pretty bad. This year I plan on playing corec outdoor and indoor soccer. I'm tired of playing with people that either talk too much during games or are so competitive to the point that they try to hurt you on purpose. I already have an ankle injury from high school soccer and I don't want to completely lose my ankle. It's not THAT bad but I guess I just want to try something different and a more relaxed game of soccer.
Old 07-06-2009 at 01:15 PM   #40
huzaifa47

Quote:
Huzaifa: you guys lost CR7 and signed Owen... And for all I care I'd rather have Fabregas leave, he's ****ing garbage. Adebayor is good but I'm sure he's replacable... the team is young, they play the nicest football, and now all we need are some good signings.

I'm telling you this much. Arsenal has a better chance of winning EPL than Man Utd.
Lol I know they play some good football, but sometimes that is not enough! Look at Westbrom last season they played some brilliant on the ground football even though they kept on losing and being battered. They ended up 20th, compared to that teams like Hull and Stoke signed and added to their already huge collection of 6 foot plus monsters and both survived playing crappy long ball football!

Arsenal would be very good in the spanish or italian league, but in the Premiership lol they'll get battered by any physical team and their defense was and still is horrible. They never actually replaced the physical Sol Campbell and plus chances are Clichy is going to get signed by Madrid or Milan as well since both of them need good fullbacks.

Oh and Mourinho wants Van persie! Inter haven't made any big money signing this year either so well I wouldn't rule out Arsenal losing out more players and replacing them with even more kids and lol you know what happened to the kids in the Semi!

And we still have 60Mil in our bank left for signings! And the core of our team is still there! We might not win the title with a 100% guarantee but we will defo be in the race!

And Andrew, yes the indoor is only available in the Winter.

I also forgot to mention that there are very regular pickup games organized via facebook groups! There is one for Summer Pickup that plays twice a week these days as well! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2024205 50172