MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soccer Fields near Campus Crzyrio General Discussion 4 09-12-2010 11:31 AM
Soccer oxelhs Athletics & Recreation 13 08-25-2010 02:40 PM
Soccer Try out harman911 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-14-2010 10:27 AM
Soccer Society georgeb.1990 Clubs & Groups 0 09-22-2008 11:40 AM
Soccer team... Nino First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-15-2008 04:48 PM

Soccer at Mac

Old 07-30-2007 at 01:48 PM   #1
nikhil

Liked: 0 Times

Soccer at Mac
hi
I am going to be joining McMaster in September.
Is there any soccer played at mac? Does McMaster have a soccer team? If yes, how does one join it?

Thanks
Nikhil
Old 07-31-2007 at 09:27 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Hey Nikhil

Yes, Mac has a soccer team. If you're interested in trying out for the team, contact the coach(es) and see what the procedure is. The staff directory is located at this website: http://www.athrec.mcmaster.c a/aboutus/staff/index.htm There is information on try outs on this website: http://www.athrec.mcmaster.c a/mac/tryouts.htm

Additionally, there are various levels of intramural soccer teams as well. There is a co-ed outdoor, an all male outdoor, a co-ed indoor, and an all male indoor. More information about intramurals can be found at there website, http://www.athrec.mcmaster.c a/intramurals/index.htm
Old 08-01-2007 at 08:22 AM   #3
nikhil

thank you lorend
Old 08-01-2007 at 08:52 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

and p.s. intramurals are fun! i've had to stop playing more or less cuz my body can't take it, but...play intramurals! it's fun!!!
Old 08-01-2007 at 09:05 AM   #5
nikhil

The soccer tryouts are going to be held on Wednesday, August 15. I am an international student.....ill be landing in toronto on the 30th of August......i cant attend the regular tryouts. Is there someway I can contact the coach?
And as far as the intramurals are concerned, man, i love playing soccer.
If im not good enough for the univ team, ill definitely play the intramurals.....
Old 08-01-2007 at 12:09 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

i believe the second link has the contact information of all the coaches, and if not the contact info of the person who can get you in touch with the coaches. i can't really tell you what the protocol is though, cuz i'm not a coach.

aaand they also have different levels of intramurals, from very competitive to more fun.
Old 08-01-2007 at 01:44 PM   #7
tasha

how do we sign up for intramurals? and when?
Old 08-01-2007 at 01:48 PM   #8
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

the intramural website (which I already posted) has all the info you need regarding intramurals.

What you need (a short list):
- a team
- money for the team fee
- someone to be the captain (and thus be responsible for knowing all the rules and whatnot)
- proper attire (this varies by sport; and some don't require equipment at all, other than athletic attire)
Old 08-04-2007 at 05:37 PM   #9
Boccaccio

Liked: 8 Times

The intramurals are awesome. I played outdoor corec soccer and indoor male soccer and corec basketball. The soccer is great fun, especially indoor. Came second place in indoor and outdoor...we had some problems because most of our girls didn't show up

I suggest getting a team of reliable people together because there is nothing worse then showing up and most of your team isn't there.
Old 08-04-2007 at 11:09 PM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

that...and make sure you have lots of girls! for corec sports you need at least two "on" at any one time