MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering 1D04 ericvan1 1st Year Course Reviews 14 06-12-2015 10:56 PM
Trade: ENGINEER 1D04 L04 FOR L03 RememberTwce First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 09-01-2010 06:46 AM
Engineer 1D04 Ish001 Academics 20 08-08-2010 04:34 PM
1d04 lab endearing66 Academics 2 01-04-2010 01:02 PM
Engineering 1D04 IDE TheAxtmann First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-17-2009 02:39 PM

any different ways to take 1D04?

Old 05-31-2010 at 11:49 PM   #1
twinklingme

Liked: 0 Times

any different ways to take 1D04?
i hv been worry about my situation for last few days
so i e-mailed my academic advisor, but i hvnt got any answer back yet !
( and im starting to freak out=( )
any advices will be very helpful!

here is my situation,

i am in engineering I, and i failed 1D04, so i guess i have to take it for summer school. but im not in canada now, and it is hard for me to go back now, because i already booked my ticket going back to canada ( it is on the end of august ),and it is hard to change the date, since it is vacation season. and also im going to be on a trip to Japan with my family.

so is there anyway that i can take 1D04 next year or later?
what will be happen if i just dont take summer school?
will i still be able to get into level 2 engineering?

my GPA is 6.3 and on my report, i have "DECISION PENDING" and under that i have one of program that i applied.
what is that mean? is that mean that i got into it? or i will be get into that program if i pass 1D04?

any advice or information is appreciated !
Old 05-31-2010 at 11:54 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklingme View Post

here is my situation,

i am in engineering I, and i failed 1D04, so i guess i have to take it for summer school. but im not in canada now, and it is hard for me to go back now, because i already booked my ticket going back to canada ( it is on the end of august ),and it is hard to change the date, since it is vacation season. and also im going to be on a trip to Japan with my family.

my GPA is 6.3 and on my report, i have "DECISION PENDING" and under that i have one of program that i applied.
what is that mean? is that mean that i got into it? or i will be get into that program if i pass 1D04?

Try contacting an academic counsellor, explain your situation and ask if it's possible to get a conditional acceptance. That way you get still get to level 2 on the condition of passing the course that year. If they can't give you a conditional acceptance, ask them what else can be done. They probably hear this often and know what is best.
Old 06-01-2010 at 01:34 AM   #3
kanishka
winning

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklingme View Post

here is my situation,

Co-incidentally I have heard of this situation before. What you do is that you let the academic advisor know about this situation. There is an option:
1) You make a request to the Dean of the faculty you are planning to into the second year about taking Eng 1D04 along with your second year courses. If the faculty you are going into is NOT SOFTWARE ENGINEERING or the faculty that you are going into doesn't have anything to do with programming, the Dean will most likely agree. If it is then he will most probably deny and you'll either have to come back and take it in summer or have to waste an year and take it next year.
Old 06-01-2010 at 11:12 AM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

You can go into 2nd year as long as you didnt fail/drop more than 2 courses. Since it seems you only fail/dropped 1d04, and got a GPA of 6.3, it looks like you can go into your 2nd year stream and just take 1D04 next year (term 1 or 2)
Old 06-01-2010 at 02:05 PM   #5
mOeeOm

Liked: 9 Times

With your C.A you're fine, relax.

All this means is:

1) Take it in the summer under conditional acceptance
2) Take in the next year, but that will set you back
Old 06-04-2010 at 12:04 PM   #6
luvg4ever

you're fine. anyways which program are you pending for? bcz if ur C.A is lower than cut-off for the program, then u might have to take a summer school.
Old 06-04-2010 at 01:26 PM   #7
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

6.3 will get him into almost anything, except maybe biomed.
Old 06-04-2010 at 04:45 PM   #8
luvg4ever

this year, civil & mechanical cut off was way higher than bio-med. my friend was 6.6 and couldn't get into civil.
Old 06-04-2010 at 05:40 PM   #9
kanishka
winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvg4ever View Post
this year, civil & mechanical cut off was way higher than bio-med. my friend was 6.6 and couldn't get into civil.
he probably didn't have full course load...
Old 06-04-2010 at 08:02 PM   #10
luvg4ever

Chemical Engineering:4
Materials Engineering:4
Computer Engineering:4
Electrical Engineering(SURPRISIN GLY):4
Electrical and Biomedical:6.2
Management Programs(Highest):6.5
Mechanical Engineering:6.4
Civil(Structural):6.3
Mechatronics:5.0
Software(All programs):4.0
Engineering Physics:4.0
Old 06-04-2010 at 08:17 PM   #11
kanishka
winning

those cut-offs are for students with a full course load of 37 units.