MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good Dentists in Hamilton Snowman General Discussion 6 01-06-2014 10:21 PM
Good Dentists in Hamilton Snowman Body & Food 0 01-06-2014 01:44 PM
good restaurants in Hamilton? chinadian Body & Food 0 02-13-2011 12:08 PM
Good ISP's in Hamilton Leeoku Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 23 02-12-2011 05:04 PM
Any good flea market in Hamilton? ayinaim General Discussion 3 03-15-2009 12:45 PM

Any good ISPs in Hamilton?

Old 05-07-2014 at 10:21 PM   #16
Chomps

Liked: 3 Times

You're right HILLyBilly, why is it?

I just click the recommended server button o;

http://www.pingtest.net/result/97184442.png

The closest available server is in Sudbury..

I tried livechatting TekSavvy and they said "there's no problems in the area".

I honestly don't know whats causing the massive packet loss;
Either someone is clogging up the damn bandwidth from heavy downloading/uploading, problem with router/wiring, or its on TekSavvys end..
Old 05-07-2014 at 10:26 PM   #17
HILLyBilly
Account Locked

Liked: 13 Times

This is what you need to do. Contact your landlord, ask him if you can speak on behalf of him with Teksavvy to diagnose this problem. Then contact Teksavvy using his information (usually its just name, account number and/or phone number) and have them debug this.

They will most likely send out a technician to check on your line. Might just end up splitting you a new line and your problem is solved.

Still a shitty internet plan if you are sharing it with 7 people. If the line finally get fixed, you can probably just tell your landlord that you will chip in for a higher speed plan instead of getting a complete new service.
Old 08-17-2014 at 11:00 PM   #18
Neco

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
http://www.pingtest.net/result/97096178.png

I just hope switching to Bell or something will be a problem free solution
DSL or Cable? If you're going Cable - The reason the lag may be going on is due to their cable running on Cogeco's line - Lot of people use Cogeco and as we know with Cable, the more people around your area that uses the same cable line? Higher traffic? Slower Speeds.

If you're using their DSL? Which is what I plan on getting instead. It uses Bell's DSL line. Switching to Bell if you're using Teksavvy's DSL is almost an oxymoron, Fibe is faster, secure, but expensive.

So, slowness via Cable = Above

If you're using DSL? Thennnn, varies a lot on where the repeater box is and how the wiring is done and if you're at the Long end of the stick so to speak, or are one of the short sticks of the wiring in the network. That or if no ones jacking your internet.
Old 09-07-2014 at 02:12 PM   #19
iphonejoe

Liked: 0 Times

We're with Cogeco now and it's treating us quite well. Reliable speeds, good customer service, and no outages to speak of yet.