MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kin 1Y03/1YY3 TA jeboi7 Academics 4 03-01-2011 11:10 PM
kin 1Y03/1YY3 HELP cjdzl Academics 3 09-10-2010 09:30 PM
Kin 1y03 and 1yy3 Skye First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-29-2010 11:49 PM
Kin 1y03 and 1YY3, help! Lamees Academics 4 08-17-2008 01:49 PM

Any Science Students who took Kin 1Y03/1YY3 in Second Year?

Old 06-05-2011 at 08:21 PM   #1
ellerytc

Liked: 25 Times

Any Science Students who took Kin 1Y03/1YY3 in Second Year?
So we all know about McMaster's next level MUGSI/SOLAR blahh, how difficult it is to get some courses, how some seats are saved for people in particular programs, etc...

I was just wondering if any Science students (e.g. Honours Bio) registered for either of the Anatomy courses ...Kin 1Y03/1YY3 during LEVEL II?

If so, were there seats available on OUR SOLAR OPENING DATE?
or did you have to like e-mail for some spots or like wait till some later date...

just out of curiosity, so i know how course registration is going to go this year.

thanks in advance
Old 06-05-2011 at 08:33 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

I took Kin 1Y03 in first year and 1YY3 in second year, and the problem really was registering for Kin 1Y03 in first year. But Kin 1YY3 was almost always available and there were several empty seats in the lecture hall as well. But anyway, being a second year, you'll get to pick your courses before 1st year Life Scis, so that's definitely a plus. However, be sure to get onto SOLAR asap just in case. Oh and if you don't get in on your first try, no worries. I know a lot of people who were able to get into the course throughout the summer and even in the first week or so of school. There are 120 seats saved for upper year Life Sci students (according to Dr. MacDonald). Also, every year is different based on demand, so no one can really expect what it will be like. However, the course is in high demand, but definitely not impossible. My advice is to get onto SOLAR asap or keep trying and don't give up! Also, there's no one you can really email because they'll tell you to keep checking SOLAR, they won't really do anything more. Let me know if you have any more questions!

ellerytc says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-05-2011 at 08:44 PM   #3
ellerytc

Liked: 25 Times

yeah I knew that we had course selection BEFORE the first years but I was under the impression that they would like lock down the course until the first years got their opportunity to sign up for the course,

but your "120 seats saved for upper Life Sci students" info helps a LOT

and by life sci I hope you mean NOT just Hons Life Sci students but also like Hons Bio (or any other science program) students as well?

thanks again!
Old 06-05-2011 at 10:21 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellerytc View Post
yeah I knew that we had course selection BEFORE the first years but I was under the impression that they would like lock down the course until the first years got their opportunity to sign up for the course,

but your "120 seats saved for upper Life Sci students" info helps a LOT

and by life sci I hope you mean NOT just Hons Life Sci students but also like Hons Bio (or any other science program) students as well?

thanks again!
Oh no. I mean there are seats for those in Kin because it's a required course for them but there are also seats saved for upper year Science students as well as first-year Life Scis.
Oops, yep, that's what I meant. I just remember she said "Life Sci" but she meant Science students in general, so including all the Honours Bio students as well (I'm one myself) . Oh and just a note, it was probably one of, if not my favourite course so far!

ellerytc says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 06-05-2011 at 10:41 PM   #5
Watoko
Elite Member

Liked: 126 Times

Exam questions are FUNNY! I actually enjoy writing those exams