Quarters Update Chad MacInsiders Announcements 59 07-17-2009 10:42 AM
Trick or Eat Update! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-24-2007 11:39 AM
Welcome Week Update Chad ARCHIVES 0 08-03-2007 09:04 AM

Any Update on OSAP Yet?

Old 06-30-2010 at 10:33 PM   #46
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Once they get the forms how long would it take to process it?
Old 06-30-2010 at 10:34 PM   #47
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
Once they get the forms how long would it take to process it?
Took about a 1-2 weeks to process, but expect a longer wait as the days pass because most people apply around this time.
Old 06-30-2010 at 10:37 PM   #48
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
Mine says that it has been processed but I still have to complete the Confirmation of Enrollment form.
Does anyone remember/know when to go to Mac to sign these?
It says that my Income Verification is still under review. Should I be worried about this?
I have the same questions
Old 06-30-2010 at 11:24 PM   #49
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitnight View Post
I have the same questions
You don't need to do anything for income verification. You sign that form when you pick up OSAP. If you don't get OSAP then you'll have to contact SFAS.
Old 06-30-2010 at 11:56 PM   #50
moonlitnight

Liked: 4 Times

ok thanks
Old 07-01-2010 at 11:02 AM   #51
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
Mine says that it has been processed but I still have to complete the Confirmation of Enrollment form.
Does anyone remember/know when to go to Mac to sign these?
It says that my Income Verification is still under review. Should I be worried about this?
Mine said that for a while too, and eventually got processed. Just be patient and it should come through soon.

As for the Confirmation of Enrollment form, we do all that stuff in like the first week of September, usually starts during Welcome Week.
Old 07-08-2010 at 08:45 AM   #52
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

So my phone number JUST got changed, where to I go to let OSAP know this? Does it matter?
Old 07-08-2010 at 09:57 AM   #53
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
So my phone number JUST got changed, where to I go to let OSAP know this? Does it matter?
If you haven't sent in your declaration pages yet, then you can give them a note along with those. I'm not sure how exactly the note should be formatted, so you should contact SFAS about that.

If you have sent in your declaration pages then I have no idea how to let them know, so you would have to contact SFAS.

In either case, I'm sure it's not that important. But it would be wise to contact SFAS to see if you actually need to do anything.

Melanieee says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 07-08-2010 at 12:24 PM   #54
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

I mailed mine in monday, so hopefully before end of July i'll have an update
Old 07-08-2010 at 05:07 PM   #55
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Hey guys quick question,
I know that we have to mail the signature pages (both for you and your parents) but when I was looking over the last "review and submit" page, at the bottom for required documentation it said a copy of the page that had your parents 150 and 435 numbers. We're supposed to mail that in to Mac as well?
I don't remember it being there the last three years and my application was processed fine before.
Old 07-08-2010 at 09:30 PM   #56
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarch View Post
Hey guys quick question,
I know that we have to mail the signature pages (both for you and your parents) but when I was looking over the last "review and submit" page, at the bottom for required documentation it said a copy of the page that had your parents 150 and 435 numbers. We're supposed to mail that in to Mac as well?
I don't remember it being there the last three years and my application was processed fine before.
i think that detailed income tax stuff is new, its supposed to get you more money. but i could be wrong this is my first year doing osap. and if you live around mac you can just drop it off in the box in gilmour hall, or mail it yes
Old 07-08-2010 at 09:47 PM   #57
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
i think that detailed income tax stuff is new, its supposed to get you more money. but i could be wrong this is my first year doing osap. and if you live around mac you can just drop it off in the box in gilmour hall, or mail it yes
Not everyone has to send in supplementary documentation, it's most likely because they don't have documentation so they have to get you to send them information in order to confirm.
Old 07-18-2010 at 06:34 PM   #58
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

How do I know when OSAP has received my signature pages? And how do I know when I'm approved etc
Old 07-18-2010 at 07:09 PM   #59
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
How do I know when OSAP has received my signature pages? And how do I know when I'm approved etc
1. It'll disappear from your OSAP status. You'll also get an e-mail.

2. Usually when 1 happens, it'll also show your estimate. If not, you'll also get an e-mail. You pretty much get an e-mail every time your OSAP status changes.

Melanieee says thanks to jhan523 for this post.