MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Irish studies? Melanieee Academics 19 06-16-2010 04:43 PM
LABOUR STUDIES 1A03 or COMMUNICATION STUDIES? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 08-28-2009 05:43 PM
Indigenous Studies Chad Academics 3 01-09-2009 09:11 AM
Women's Studies. amplified Academics 8 08-26-2008 09:56 AM

Anyone behind in their studies!

Old 10-16-2009 at 10:47 AM   #1
MrSmith

Liked: 4 Times

Anyone behind in their studies!
Well i made this group to relieve stress and see how many other people are behind in their studies so many students dont feel alone and begin to have the motivation to keep going!.

So ill start im behind in almost every class and i have 5 courses and about one midterm every week along with small quizes and assignments every week !
Old 10-16-2009 at 11:55 AM   #2
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

I'm always behind, I don't think I've ever really ever been "caught up".
Old 10-16-2009 at 01:49 PM   #3
fasailuddin
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 47 Times

i was ahead for a good hour lol, then another 4 assignments were released
Old 10-16-2009 at 02:01 PM   #4
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

There's no such thing as not being behind.

Taunton likes this.
Old 10-16-2009 at 02:43 PM   #5
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

The title of this topic should actually read, "Is Anyone here a University Student?"
Old 10-16-2009 at 03:12 PM   #6
ice8

Liked: 33 Times

lol I am really really behind. It wasnt as bas as it is this year. I dont think i have been behind as much as I am this year. think i am behind couple chapters in each course. But thats why there are midterms.
Old 10-16-2009 at 03:46 PM   #7
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

I just wrote 3 midterms this week so I am pretty much all caught up. Don't mean to brag but it feels good ;P
Old 10-16-2009 at 03:51 PM   #8
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
I just wrote 3 midterms this week so I am pretty much all caught up. Don't mean to brag but it feels good ;P
You don't have any assignments you could be doing? What about readings? Preparing for your next/Monday's classes?
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:19 PM   #9
rrtt
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
You don't have any assignments you could be doing? What about readings? Preparing for your next/Monday's classes?
Obviously, I have things I could (and will) be doing....what university student doesn’t?!

I was just pointing out that I am not behind in most of my courses. My next assignment is due on Friday, Oct 23 and my next midterm is on Monday, Oct 26. I will start studying and working on my assignment this weekend, but I still have a week or more for this. I could also start preparing for my Monday lectures, but that would technically mean that I am AHEAD, not BEHIND.
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:27 PM   #10
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtt View Post
Obviously, I have things I could (and will) be doing....what university student doesn’t?!

I was just pointing out that I am not behind in most of my courses. My next assignment is due on Friday, Oct 23 and my next midterm is on Monday, Oct 26. I will start studying and working on my assignment this weekend, but I still have a week or more for this. I could also start preparing for my Monday lectures, but that would technically mean that I am AHEAD, not BEHIND.
To me, (and I think most of the people here) being behind means having work to do. If you get to the point where you don't need to do work, then you're ahead.
Old 10-16-2009 at 04:34 PM   #11
rrtt
Elite Member

Quote:
To me, (and I think most of the people here) being behind means having work to do. If you get to the point where you don't need to do work, then you're ahead.
To me, (and I think most of the people here) being behind means that you have things to catch up on....if you are preparing for Monday's lecture or working on an assignment that is due in a week, you aren’t catching up on anything. You are on schedule, not behind.

Dulitha, MelissaL, Saleha like this.
Old 10-17-2009 at 03:58 PM   #12
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I just missed a week of classes because of illness...I was excused from doing one assignment and running my tutorial last week.

Now by Monday I have to:

-Grade 54 assignments
-Do two assignments

Given that each assignment takes me approximately 20-30 hours of work, I'm in a little bit of trouble here. :p
Old 10-17-2009 at 04:17 PM   #13
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:

This makes no sense. How can you be behind if your assignment is due in a week and you are working on it a week before? You will always have work, you can't read a whole book and do all the assignments the first week of September:S

rrtt likes this.
Old 10-17-2009 at 04:18 PM   #14
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Hmm. I'd be...ahead...when I'm dead. Then all projects would cease.

So I intend to be ahead at the ripe age of 75.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Taunton likes this.
Old 10-17-2009 at 04:21 PM   #15
Taunton
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
This makes no sense. How can you be behind if your assignment is due in a week and you are working on it a week before? You will always have work, you can't read a whole book and do all the assignments the first week of September:S
I never feel "ahead" no matter how much in advance I'm doing my work. Yes, you always have work, and therefore are always behind.

In other words, if an assignment has been "assigned" then you're behind until that assignment is finished. That's how I percieve it.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll be behind until I retire... IF then.

Last edited by Taunton : 10-17-2009 at 04:26 PM.