MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
Help, can anyone check my mock timetable, please ! ruby101 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 07-16-2010 09:16 PM
Mock timetable... Advice Please! kgrun First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 06-24-2010 07:19 PM
Mock Timetable vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 38 06-24-2010 10:10 AM
Another mock timetable... oranges First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 06-07-2010 02:44 PM

anyone can give me positive/negative feedbacks on my life sci mock timetable?

Old 06-28-2010 at 05:50 PM   #1
m0nica
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

anyone can give me positive/negative feedbacks on my life sci mock timetable?
i'd appreciate tips and welcome suggestions and recommendations
thanks sooo much everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mcmastermocktimetable.jpg (58.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 06-28-2010 at 05:57 PM   #2
dani.garc

Liked: 0 Times

From the looks of it, you have a lot more class time than what I did in first year. However, I am a Kin student so I didn't have to take that many first year science classes. According to the course codes, that seems like a typical first year science schedule. However, don't bank on getting the tutorial and lab times you've marked down unless you've already chosen them on SOLAR. Other than that, all I can say is good luck in first year.
Old 06-28-2010 at 06:07 PM   #3
m0nica
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

Yes i realize that, It's not like i'm for sure setting myself up for disappointments.. it's good to still jot down your desired sections right... + The only reason I'm asking for comments is to kinda get an idea of what an effective timetable might look like and thanks for the wish, i'll defff need luck lol.
Umm, seeeing you're a fourth year student i guess it's safe to ask you for your comments on my break intervals and such?
Old 06-28-2010 at 06:17 PM   #4
dani.garc

Liked: 0 Times

It all depends on your personality and what you like to do on your spare time. Personally, I'd prefer to have 3-4 hour blocks of straight class and have my day end before 1:30. But because you've got such long days, what you can do on your breaks depends on you. If you'd like to go to the gym and get a workout in, I would say a 2 hour time block would be good for that. Some people also get started on assignments, readings, or review for tests and quizzes during shorter breaks. You can also just take that time to hang out with friends and get a bite to eat. I know Kin kids spend their down time at DBAC and IWC, but I'm not sure about science kids.
Old 06-28-2010 at 07:03 PM   #5
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

If you're living on res, you can usually go home in ur 1hr break and ... do whatever. In my first semester, I always had 830 classes, and so sometimes i'd sleep in and wake up at about 815 and realize I was gonna be late for class. So I'd grab all my stuff and just run out the door. And then I uauslly had a break between 930-1030, and so i'd use that time to come home and shower and have breakfast etc.

If you have some downtime during the day... I usually just went to the wireless hotspot nearest my next class and chilled. Sometimes grabbed food. You may say to yourself that you'll get work done in between classes... but unless it was a signfincant break (ie 3+ hrs) you wont. But if you live on res, usually you just go home during your significant breaks.

Really, its just up to you to do whatever the hell you want.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences