strike? secretone General Discussion 22 10-31-2009 11:32 AM
Go Strike lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-04-2008 06:43 PM
HSR Strike lorend ARCHIVES 0 11-15-2007 12:21 AM

Anyone concerned abt marks due to strike

Old 11-01-2009 at 01:16 AM   #16
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Usually in humanities classes, T.A.s for the most part mark in a relative manner for essays and what not - which ends up producing a normalized or "bell distribution". Note: this isn't true for all cases, I know there's an English class where you'll either get an A- or a B+ because the professor doesn't believe in grades.
Old 11-01-2009 at 06:59 AM   #17
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Oh no! Those math 2Z03 tutorials I never go to might be canceled :o.
Old 11-01-2009 at 09:15 AM   #18
mac-gal

Liked: 6 Times

I'm supposed to have 3 midterms this week and two labs this week.

There's nothing posted on ELM and I've gotten no emails from any of profs.

Do we just assume our midterms are on? I don't understand how they could possibly run midterms without TA's... my last set of midterms the TA's basically ran the writing of the whole midterm.
Old 11-01-2009 at 09:23 AM   #19
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac-gal View Post
I'm supposed to have 3 midterms this week and two labs this week.

There's nothing posted on ELM and I've gotten no emails from any of profs.

Do we just assume our midterms are on? I don't understand how they could possibly run midterms without TA's... my last set of midterms the TA's basically ran the writing of the whole midterm.

Yes. At this point if you haven't heard otherwise you should assume your midterm is still on. The prof may change the format of the midterm, but I assume will continue the testing schedule as usual.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement