MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Late night studying KristaG Academics 23 12-08-2010 04:05 AM
Question about studying for Microecon darklink121 Academics 6 10-13-2010 12:53 AM
Studying on Campus Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 12-08-2008 09:24 PM
Studying Methods sycoman Academics 2 09-15-2008 04:44 PM
Surviving Residence Part Five: Studying While in Res Chad Residence & Off-Campus Living 0 09-10-2007 01:23 PM

Anyone else having trouble studying

Old 01-11-2011 at 02:05 PM   #16
0t10

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
I find the key to force myself to study is to leave sticky notes for myself along the lines of "No PS3 until you read Chapters 5 & 10". It seems to work rather well actually.
i find those helpful too. hehehe, they sound just like what my parents used to tell me when i was younger.

lol, imagine telling a high/middle schooler that leaving notes like these actually help......"OMG stop telling me what to DO!!" lolllllzzzz
Old 01-11-2011 at 02:42 PM   #17
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeboi7 View Post
Maybe you have a good study habit (y)
Yeeeeah... cram the night before and the morning of the exam as I am driven to school. Works every time. Seriously.

alh24 likes this.
Old 01-11-2011 at 07:25 PM   #18
EmilySusie

Liked: 18 Times

One of the things that has been working for me the most lately for studying/keeping up with readings is to set time limits for myself- only about 30 min-1 hour should be spent per class on readings. Last semester I only had 2 reading-heavy classes and it worked. This semester I have four reading-heavy courses, some a little worse than others. So that's about 4 hours per week, maybe some weeks I'll be behind or ahead though.

Ideally I try to only take about 30 min per class. Even if there's like 3 readings, or 40 or 60+ pages to read. I always hear students complain about too much reading, or reading being too heavy/theoretical/hard... but all you need to do is skim & read fast for the main points then look for the important aspects of the reading- how is it useful? what do I really need to know?

I'm using the example of readings, but this goes for assignments too- I find it helps me a lot to break assignments down into 30-min blocks at a time. Like, one day I'll set a goal to brainstorm for an assignment, another day, start to write the outline, etc.

One of my study methods for exams is to go through the material and write down questions, trying to predict what will be on the exam. I try to condense every reading & lecture into only a few questions, then answer them as best as I can.

pepperminte, ~*Sara*~ like this.