MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Requesting transcripts shin89blue Academics 1 08-23-2014 07:59 PM
Transcripts help Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-18-2012 10:54 PM
Transcripts Unregistered First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-18-2012 08:47 PM
WorkStudy - transcripts Chevalier General Discussion 2 03-01-2012 03:25 PM
Transcripts Rob Mac Academics 9 11-13-2011 10:38 AM

Anyone got any info on transcripts?

Old 11-29-2014 at 12:31 AM   #1
inkhawk157

Liked: 0 Times

Anyone got any info on transcripts?
Something demands my transcript on Monday. I didn't know until Friday night. Unfortunately since everything is closed, I won't be able to order until Monday morning.

On http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /transcript-requests/ it says even a "rush order" needs at least one day to process, anyone know a way to get around this?

I thought that if I want the transcript, I can order it in person and they can just give me the envelope, that's how it was when I was in another university (and it was bigger than McMaster). I can just go up to the register, pay a fee and get it immediately without all this waiting as they could print it off from their computers and give it to me.

I should mention that since I am a first year my transcript will have nothing, but I still need it because this matter demands I give them a copy even if it has nothing.
Old 11-29-2014 at 11:30 AM   #2
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Do they specifically ask for official transcript?

Because if not, you can print out the un-official one from MUGSI.
Old 11-29-2014 at 12:31 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkhawk157 View Post
Something demands my transcript on Monday. I didn't know until Friday night. Unfortunately since everything is closed, I won't be able to order until Monday morning.

On http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /transcript-requests/ it says even a "rush order" needs at least one day to process, anyone know a way to get around this?

I thought that if I want the transcript, I can order it in person and they can just give me the envelope, that's how it was when I was in another university (and it was bigger than McMaster). I can just go up to the register, pay a fee and get it immediately without all this waiting as they could print it off from their computers and give it to me.

I should mention that since I am a first year my transcript will have nothing, but I still need it because this matter demands I give them a copy even if it has nothing.
If you need an official transcript, then no, there is no way around this. It doesn't matter whether or not your transcript has stuff on it - and even if you're in first year, it should have your credentials before coming to Mac (e.g. Ontario Secondary School Diploma with the year you earned it) and the courses you're currently registered in with "in progress" instead of grades.

Sucks that you didn't know sooner, but I doubt whatever you need it for waited until Friday night to tell you - so it's just a lesson to be more on top of things. The transcript is an official paper signed by the registrar and everything. Many larger universities (e.g. UofT) have separate registrar's offices for different faculties, so even though the school itself is larger, each office deals with less people. And, this is a very busy time of year for transcripts. Can you imagine the line-up and inefficiencies if they did them in person, on-the-spot? As it is, the registrar's office works short hours and usually has very long line-ups.