MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next possible time to apply? JayTup Academics 6 08-26-2010 03:36 PM
Can I Still Apply For OSAP? Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 07-10-2010 08:13 PM
how to apply for reinstatement reillea Academics 1 06-01-2010 11:20 PM
Too late to apply? armiebaby First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-09-2010 05:09 PM
Re-Apply to First Year?? DumbEngKid Academics 4 04-09-2010 12:18 AM

anyone had to apply for reinstatement?

Old 07-21-2009 at 05:01 PM   #1
myInteger

Liked: 1 Time

anyone had to apply for reinstatement?
this is for people whose GPA was less than 3.0 from 2008-2009 academic year and have applied for reinstatement for this september.

1) what faculties did you apply to?
2) did you get a response yet?
3) what was your GPA in the academic year?

ugh the wait is KILLING me!
Old 07-23-2009 at 04:14 PM   #2
kagenin

Liked: 0 Times

I applied to Engineering. Didn't get in and got my response through a letter. Anyone got advice on what to do next?
Old 07-23-2009 at 05:31 PM   #3
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagenin View Post
I applied to Engineering. Didn't get in and got my response through a letter. Anyone got advice on what to do next?
What did you do with your time off?
Old 07-23-2009 at 06:59 PM   #4
dukeb

Liked: 7 Times

If you're serious about getting back into school it's probably in your best interest to talk to your faculty directly. Set up an appointment or just show up.
Old 07-23-2009 at 08:38 PM   #5
Fight0
Elite Member

I've had friends who've applied for reinstatement successfully, for the most part they went to college or did online university courses and worked hard to prove they could get good grade,
Old 07-25-2009 at 12:37 PM   #6
kagenin

Well i did do two summer courses right now got a 10 and a 12 which incidently brings my average up to a 4(too bad i can't be saved by that) showed them my medical certificate that caused me to miss a month of classes but still no.... so I am trying to take some courses at a athabasca and hope i do good and get accepted next year
Old 07-27-2009 at 10:37 AM   #7
kirchhoff

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Well i did do two summer courses right now got a 10 and a 12 which incidently brings my average up to a 4(too bad i can't be saved by that) showed them my medical certificate that caused me to miss a month of classes but still no.... so I am trying to take some courses at a athabasca and hope i do good and get accepted next year
If your C.A. is that close to 4.0 then I suggest asking professors for more marks instead of applying for reinstatement. Explain your situation, especially the medical side of things, and ask for a grade increase of 1 (2->3 for example). Depending on the number of units you've taken, you might only need 2 or 3 increases to bump your C.A. up to a 4.0. Obviously this strategy works better if you have a good relationship with the professor and the course has a higher unit count.
Old 07-27-2009 at 10:40 AM   #8
kirchhoff

Literally any mark you have can be changed. Professors are only required to keep information about a course for a year afterwards, but the grade can be changed indefinitely.

Edit: Whoops sorry for the double post, no delete option? :(
Old 07-27-2009 at 11:01 AM   #9
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirchhoff View Post
Literally any mark you have can be changed. Professors are only required to keep information about a course for a year afterwards, but the grade can be changed indefinitely.
Some professors, such as doctor Childs for example, say they'll pretty much punch you in the face if you ask for such a request. :p
Old 07-27-2009 at 11:07 AM   #10
kirchhoff

lol, don't ask Childs then.
Old 07-27-2009 at 11:11 AM   #11
Fight0
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Some professors, such as doctor Childs for example, say they'll pretty much punch you in the face if you ask for such a request. :p

That's because Childs is awesome. Almost too awesome.
Old 08-19-2009 at 01:15 PM   #12
kagenin

Well i got accepted into mohawk for computer engineering technology. Would I have to spend more than year to apply back or can I apply for reinstatement next year? I am in engineering 1 who was going to take computer engineering next. or should I apply to athabasca uni and do those courses?
Old 08-19-2009 at 01:25 PM   #13
myInteger

Liked: 1 Time

if i were you, id take the courses at athabasca then apply for reinstatement by june 30th 2010 for september 2010. i think u would be better of doing engineering (u'll become a professional <-- 1P03 lollz, its quite prestigious etc.) than doing the joint program.

but its your call.

btw, i got into humanities. better than nothing.
Old 08-19-2009 at 01:37 PM   #14
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
what courses?
Old 08-23-2009 at 09:43 AM   #15
kagenin

It was engineering math and envirnmental science. And myinteger, how did you find out? letter or they show on mcmaster website?