MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kin 1y03 1yy3 nlobo Academics 8 06-10-2011 03:09 PM
kin 1Y03/1YY3 HELP cjdzl Academics 3 09-10-2010 09:30 PM
Kin 1y03 and 1yy3 Skye First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 06-29-2010 11:49 PM
Kin 1y03 and 1YY3, help! Lamees Academics 4 08-17-2008 01:49 PM

To Anyone who has taken Kin 1y03/ 1yy3

Old 08-07-2011 at 10:44 PM   #1
AnnaWM

Liked: 1 Time

To Anyone who has taken Kin 1y03/ 1yy3
Do we need the access code that comes with textbook? And do we need the colouring book?
Old 08-07-2011 at 10:46 PM   #2
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

No and no. They're both optional.
Old 08-07-2011 at 10:55 PM   #3
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

What are these things?
Old 08-07-2011 at 11:01 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkolb31 View Post
What are these things?
The access code to the textbook gives you a little more resources. Like videos, diagrams and other interactive explanations to help with understanding a certain subject. And the colouring book is just a book with different diagrams that aren't coloured and you colour them in as a way to help you remember different parts of a system and such . They're just extra resources to help with your understanding in case you get stuck on a certain topic or something.
Old 08-08-2011 at 12:12 AM   #5
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

I never got the colouring book but my roomie did and she didn't open it once!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2011 at 12:18 AM   #6
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Slightly off topic, and by slightly i mean very, but i dont want to start a new thread, so ... what are the kin 1yo3/1yy3 labs like? and how much of the final mark do they account for

Last edited by Philipp31 : 08-08-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2011 at 12:51 AM   #7
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by philkolb31 View Post
Slightly off topic, and by slightly i mean very, but i dont want to start a new thread, so ... what are the kin 1yo3/1yy3 labs like? and how much of the final mark do they account for
For the labs you will have a lab manual which you buy from Titles which has a little bit of background information on the lab topic and instructions for the lab and a couple of questions. You have a lab quiz before each lab. The lab quiz should cover topics you have already done in class but it's not always the case so sometimes you'll have to use your textbook or lab manual to answer questions. Also it's not a timed quiz, when it's your lab week you have a couple of days to finish the quiz. Labs are every other week. The only thing you are marked on for the labs is the quiz (you have to attend the lab to get the marks) and after everyone has done the lab there will be 2/3 questions on the weekly friday test about the lab. For the labs you have different sections and each section has a TA and they lead you through the activity and give you information that you can write down in your lab manual. There's some animal dissection and there are human cadavers which you can touch and examine. The labs help build on the information from class and having a visual helps understand the material better!

The TAs are very helpful and the labs are fun and you don't have to worry about lab write ups and all that stuff!

This is how labs were for me last year and I'm assuming things haven't changed but just a heads up in case they do! Anyways you will see for yourself!