Group Work For.... RachBros Academics 7 08-25-2010 11:31 PM
Why does Mac hate us? :-( janeller General Discussion 34 07-24-2009 10:21 PM
Don't Hate, Appreciate!! ferreinm Misc 2 08-28-2008 06:25 PM

Anyone hate group work as much as I do?

Old 10-09-2010 at 10:45 PM   #16
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

I usually get decent group members; I just pick up the slack if people sux0rs.. but I kinda like doing it all myself just because its a challenge.
Old 10-09-2010 at 10:52 PM   #17
hyvaa

Liked: 14 Times

try health sci.
Old 10-09-2010 at 10:55 PM   #18
amyshi

Liked: 19 Times

Thank GOD, someone who understands how frustrating group work is. The reason I chose Honours Chemistry instead of Chembio was due to their group work. Well actually, I flipped a coin, but that was only because of that one major flaw. Anyways, I found out that in our lab course we have 3 experiments that are to be done with a partner by matching lowest to highest GPA....This one guy begged the TAs not to pair him up with this one another guy when he was right next to him citing that he didn't know how to do anything. One of the TAs told him he could put him down as a source of error. I'm sure the other guy heard the whole thing haha. Harsh
Old 10-09-2010 at 10:58 PM   #19
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

its like communisim

J-Met, Mahratta like this.
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:01 PM   #20
JL37

Liked: 5 Times

I absolutely haaaate group work. Which is why I chose math and stats because there is none at all
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:02 PM   #21
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL37 View Post
I absolutely haaaate group work. Which is why I chose math and stats because there is none at all
Math is super gross though.
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:15 PM   #22
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I also hate group work. *gives virtual poop* I hope you feel better
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:15 PM   #23
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

All my mmedia 1A03 assignments will be groupwork this term, which I find incredibly useless because all of them could be finished perfectly well with just one person >| I mean, I don't really need to discuss a topic with someone else in order to write a paragraph.

For the big projects, like building the site... well, not to brag, but I have been designing and coding sites for about 4 years now, so I'm at a much different level than most of the people who, like those in my tutorials, are taking the course with no experience with photoshop or html whatsoever.

I feel like it's limiting my abilities-- why do I have to work with someone who is at an obviously different level than me? I know this isn't the case for everyone who hates groupwork, but as for me, I've always been thrown into groups with slackers and incompetent people, and therefore developed that instinct to want to do everything myself because "they won't do it properly anyway." So right now, I don't think I can sit by and let someone who is just an amateur be working on what amounts to a big chunk of my final mark. >__< //selfish

UGHHHH I JUST WANNA DO IT MYSELF OKAYYYYY

</rant>

britb likes this.
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:45 PM   #24
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

My life is a group a meeting. It never ends.

...please let there be an end to the meetings...please...
/cries
/rocks in a corner

..seriously though, as much as they take so much time out of my life, I don't actually hate group work. I'd be kinda effed if I did

Back in high school though group work was my worst enemy

Old 10-09-2010 at 11:48 PM   #25
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Agreeeed! Every time I hear of a group project in some course, I get so nervous about what's to come. Knowing that it'll be just as bad as previous experiences. To be honest though, a couple of groups were pretty good, but those were so rare compared to the many others
Old 10-09-2010 at 11:49 PM   #26
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Group work never seemed to be a problem for me because we were always allowed to pick our partners for the most part.

But whenever we weren't and the people were randoms, I made it clear that I wasn't going to pick up on anyone's slack. That shit doesn't fly with me.
Old 10-10-2010 at 01:15 AM   #27
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
All my mmedia 1A03 assignments will be groupwork this term, which I find incredibly useless because all of them could be finished perfectly well with just one person >| I mean, I don't really need to discuss a topic with someone else in order to write a paragraph.

For the big projects, like building the site... well, not to brag, but I have been designing and coding sites for about 4 years now, so I'm at a much different level than most of the people who, like those in my tutorials, are taking the course with no experience with photoshop or html whatsoever.

I feel like it's limiting my abilities-- why do I have to work with someone who is at an obviously different level than me? I know this isn't the case for everyone who hates groupwork, but as for me, I've always been thrown into groups with slackers and incompetent people, and therefore developed that instinct to want to do everything myself because "they won't do it properly anyway." So right now, I don't think I can sit by and let someone who is just an amateur be working on what amounts to a big chunk of my final mark. >__< //selfish

UGHHHH I JUST WANNA DO IT MYSELF OKAYYYYY

</rant>
Multimedia is all group work all the time. I think they start it off in the first year courses to get you used to it for later years in the program. In first year the group work is definitely unnecessary, but in 2nd through 4th year of the program group work is a necessary evil because of the scale of the projects.

Do you have to go your 1A03 site in groups/pairs?

Must be a new development, in first year our sites were individually done so you could do whatever you wanted on your own.
Old 10-10-2010 at 01:28 AM   #28
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
Multimedia is all group work all the time. I think they start it off in the first year courses to get you used to it for later years in the program. In first year the group work is definitely unnecessary, but in 2nd through 4th year of the program group work is a necessary evil because of the scale of the projects.

Do you have to go your 1A03 site in groups/pairs?

Must be a new development, in first year our sites were individually done so you could do whatever you wanted on your own.
I think the site has to be done in pairs, yeah. It seems like it from the way that they have the course structured; the proposal has been in pairs and it looks like every assignment will be pairs/groups >__< For the site I really don't see a need for it to be a group project; there's really only three aspects, the coding, graphic design and the content. It's not like that can be split up when it's such a simple project.

I wish they would at least make it optional for some of the assignments as to whether you want to work individually or in a group.
Old 10-10-2010 at 01:54 AM   #29
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

I love group work coz I'm dumb.
Group work always > own work.

D:<

edit/
yeah i know i posted earlier. im just being a pheg

edit/
DONT JUDGE ME rawr
Old 10-10-2010 at 07:48 AM   #30
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

I like group work. It reminds me how superior I am.

not that I need the reminder.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

britb, DannyV, _Luu_ like this.