MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why play games when you can play life instead? PHLN General Discussion 18 02-26-2011 01:56 AM
Play pac man on Google! Melanieee MacInsiders Announcements 6 05-21-2010 07:42 PM
I want to play a game... sniderj Gaming 17 01-06-2010 01:06 PM
RECESS: Come play! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 2 11-11-2009 08:42 AM

Anyone play any TCGs?

Old 09-20-2011 at 06:01 PM   #1
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times

Anyone play any TCGs?
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone plays any trading card games at McMaster? I recently got back into Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh and would love to know if there is a community of duelists at McMaster.
Old 09-20-2011 at 06:40 PM   #2
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Yugioh. <3

Anyway, Entropy is a Magic nerd.

Entropy likes this.
Old 09-20-2011 at 08:40 PM   #3
bebit

Liked: 0 Times

I still have my deck my from 5 years ago. I would rape you in a dual js
Old 09-20-2011 at 09:00 PM   #4
JeffZ

Liked: 7 Times

Try to get into contact with the McMaster Nerd Club. I know they hold a magic event every so often (weekly).

Good Luck.
Old 09-20-2011 at 09:32 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

nerd club def plays magic, best TCG ever. idk about yugioh
Old 09-20-2011 at 09:43 PM   #6
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
nerd club def plays magic, best TCG ever. idk about yugioh
IDK about Magic, but YuGiOh has very poorly thought out cards. I haven't kept up with it recently, but when I did play there were constant ban rule revisions because people kept on figuring out card combos that broke the game (And the top decks all contained the same cards with very little variation).

I'm assuming Magic doesn't have the same problems.
Old 09-20-2011 at 10:38 PM   #7
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Yugioh. <3

Anyway, Entropy is a Magic nerd.
Yep, I play Magic pretty competitively. I just came back from a tournament, actually. What format(s) do you play? I'm into Standard, Legacy, and EDH but have ideas for a Modern deck or two brewing too. Feel free to PM me or hop into Chat and we can arrange a time and place to play.

Also, you didn't have to link to my profile. Everyone already knows who I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffZ View Post
Try to get into contact with the McMaster Nerd Club. I know they hold a magic event every so often (weekly).

Good Luck.
Yeah, according to their schedule they gather (u c wut i did thar) on the second floor of Musc on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:00 to play casual Magic. You should post in their forums here first just to make sure stuff is actually happening. They don't do YGO though, most people seem to leave that card game back in high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
IDK about Magic, but YuGiOh has very poorly thought out cards. I haven't kept up with it recently, but when I did play there were constant ban rule revisions because people kept on figuring out card combos that broke the game (And the top decks all contained the same cards with very little variation).

The banlist was put into place because the top decks all had little variation. Every deck needed a Dark Hole, Raigeki, Feather Duster etc., which left only a few free slots for creativity if you wanted to play competitively. Banlists are a good thing, and just earlier today Wizards announced the banning of several cards across various formats, though a significant part of that was because one of those formats is pretty new so they're still fleshing it out.

Desda likes this.
Old 09-21-2011 at 09:58 AM   #8
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Tailsnake likes this.
Old 09-21-2011 at 10:11 AM   #9
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post