MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Applying for TA Positions... demelo_b Academics 1 08-10-2010 01:57 PM
Applying for OSAP gongshow Academics 7 07-21-2010 05:36 PM
Applying to Co-Op Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-29-2010 02:35 PM
applying for reinstatement myInteger Academics 30 06-26-2009 01:32 AM
Applying for a JOB!!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-17-2008 09:22 PM

Applying for reinstatement

Old 05-02-2009 at 07:18 PM   #1
ali999

Liked: 0 Times

Applying for reinstatement
Hi

I am planning on applying for reinstatement into McMaster this summer. I have completed 2 years of study in the Electrical Engineering program although in my second year I ended up failing majority of my courses and could not continue any further. Since then I have worked part time at an engineering firm and have taken ECE courses in college where I have achieved an average of about 84%. I was wondering if anybody knows how easy McMaster is to get reinstated back into mac. I feel that I have fulfilled all the requirements to get back (work in a related field or go to college), however I dont really have a good excuse for failing, i just messed up. Any suggestions.
Old 05-02-2009 at 09:41 PM   #2
ash0000

Liked: 41 Times

I have been there. messed up in second year. Getting reinstated is not easy, but it is absolutely possible. In your letter you need to explain why you failed, what you learned from the experience, how you will be preventing it from happening again in the future. You also should demonstrate why you even want to be in engineering and try to prove it.

From what youve said about your case, it seems like you will be good to go. Just explain that you know you messed up and have learned not to f*ck around in the future and say it was so important to you that you even worked at a relevant company in the time you were out of the faculty.

show to them that you have genuine intentions of doing well, and have taken steps to ensure you will be successful,and they will certainly let you in

good luck with it, feel free to PM me if you need any other advice on the process. It happened to me after 2nd year as well, and it was a rough experience, so i would be glad to help.
Old 05-02-2009 at 09:50 PM   #3
ali999

Liked: 0 Times

do you know how long it takes for them to reply back and whether if I have applied for reinstatement before makes a difference or not (i tried last summer just for the hell of it, even though they say usually u have to wait a year). Also I had talked to some profs last year and they said that you should try to get an A average, just to clarify is that +80% or 90%?
Old 05-02-2009 at 10:50 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

At McMaster an A is an 85%-89%...so if your average falls within those numbers it would be considered an A average. Yours would be an A- average.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement