MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help in applying for Undergrad Nueloas Academics 3 11-09-2010 02:16 AM
Applying to Co-Op Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-29-2010 02:35 PM
Apply to be a Scico! 2010 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 21 03-31-2010 05:06 PM
Scico Applications Up! temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 9 03-25-2009 02:23 PM
Applying for a JOB!!! ishk33 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-17-2008 09:22 PM

Applying to be a Scico?

Old 02-17-2013 at 01:03 AM   #1
Afsha-noon

Liked: 11 Times

Applying to be a Scico?
Hey!
I applied for the Scico position for welcome week 2013. However, I also applied to be a CA - I was hoping if I got a yes/no from the CA position, I'd know whether or not to continue on with the application process for Scicos. However, I got put on the alternate list. Meaning I can hear back about the CA position anytime from May to early September.
Any suggestions as to what I should do? I was wondering how my situation would work... Should I continue on to the Scico interviews? I would LOVE to be one. However, I don't want to become a Scico and have to leave the position - thereby taking the position from another potential candidate (if that makes sense). Alternatively, I'd kind of hate to be able to do neither if I never end up hearing about the CA position.
Any suggestions?
Old 02-17-2013 at 12:35 PM   #2
nadiagreen

Liked: 1 Time

i would definitely still apply to be a scico!
one of my friends was on the waiting list for a scico position last year and was asked to be a scico during the summer, suggesting that someone did drop out after the final decisions were made.
if things run the same way this year, your decision to leave the scicos shouldn't affect anyone else's chances.
it doesn't hurt to apply, so don't do anything you'll regret later on
applying to be a scico was one of the best decisions i made here at mac, so get your application in by midnight tonight!

p.s. i remember you from my ca interview! i wish you good luck to both positions

Afsha-noon says thanks to nadiagreen for this post.

sdee likes this.
Old 02-17-2013 at 09:09 PM   #3
IBB9780

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiagreen View Post
i would definitely still apply to be a scico!
one of my friends was on the waiting list for a scico position last year and was asked to be a scico during the summer, suggesting that someone did drop out after the final decisions were made.
if things run the same way this year, your decision to leave the scicos shouldn't affect anyone else's chances.
it doesn't hurt to apply, so don't do anything you'll regret later on
applying to be a scico was one of the best decisions i made here at mac, so get your application in by midnight tonight!

p.s. i remember you from my ca interview! i wish you good luck to both positions
Hey! Just to clarify, we don't have to have the creative piece ready until the interview right?
Old 02-18-2013 at 08:11 AM   #4
Bug324

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBB9780 View Post
Hey! Just to clarify, we don't have to have the creative piece ready until the interview right?
That's right, you've got until the interview. They have time at the end of the interview for any creative pieces to be performed live, and that's also the deadline for any other kind of creative piece.

Afsha-noon says thanks to Bug324 for this post.
Old 03-11-2013 at 09:16 PM   #5
alyssaah

Liked: 4 Times

Does anyone know how many people are chosen to be sciocos each year?
Old 03-11-2013 at 09:29 PM   #6
nadiagreen

i'm going to guess that there were about 150 scicos in the welcome week that just passed.
but i wouldn't think that number is set in stone, they may choose to take in more or fewer than that this year!