MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
girl roommates (guy) tyrant Dating & Relationships 27 01-07-2013 04:40 PM
would you hit a girl? RyanC Dating & Relationships 79 06-15-2012 09:08 PM
Top Five Qualities In a Guy or Girl lizziepizzie Dating & Relationships 150 03-23-2011 07:20 PM
Girl Who Doesn't Age caroline54 General Discussion 38 09-02-2009 11:03 AM

How to approach a girl I'm interested in?

Old 10-09-2013 at 11:59 PM   #1
vpdltm

Liked: 4 Times

How to approach a girl I'm interested in?
Hey macinsiders
I've seen this perfect girl today at one of the school restaurants.
The moment I saw her I just knew that she was my ideal type.
Much to my surprise, she was eating alone and I was eating with a couple of my buddies.

I really wanted to talk to her but it was one of those awkward situations where there were so many people around where she was sitting so I couldn't even talk to her.

Then I finished my meal and she finished hers, and there was this very awkward eye contact.. For some reason, I didn't want to give her an impression that I am interested in her, so I just looked away as if I'm not even interested (I know.. I'm dumb.. maybe I should just punch myself)
My friends went to classes and I just stayed there. The funny thing is she was just sitting there as well (it wasn't like she was waiting for anyone, so why?? whywhywhy) doing pretty much nothing. I sat where I was sitting pretending like I'm doing something like a dumb PoS. Then after like 10 minutes, she finally left. GG..

I don't know anything about her at this point, and there's no guarantee that I will ever see her again. But I'm gonna go there around the same time everyday and hope that I'd meet her once more.

If I get really lucky enough to see her again, I want to say something to her. I don't want to just sit there like a dumb fk this time. But what should I say to her...? She's a complete stranger and we might not even have a common background to have a decent conversation. And what if she already has a boyfriend :(?

I can't get her image out of my head, and I have midterms coming up but I can't even focus at all. It's been like this all day ever since I saw her.

Thanks for reading this, and any advice would help a lot!

PS. I will keep you updated if anything else happens..

Bigmacfatpack likes this.
Old 10-10-2013 at 12:17 AM   #2
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

I would say be yourself and be forward, say that you think she's cute and that you would like to ask her out. If you are shy, you can just follow her until she on the way to the class or something.

I don't know man, that's just the basics. I really see why you are holding back tho, it's hard to hear "no". I asked 3 girls out myself in the last couple of years, without any luck. Maybe just my bad luck, or bad looks, or both... or maybe chicks just don't go for 93 years old psychopathic murderers.

You should still try tho, as in the future you will regretting something you didn't do, and it is even worse that hearing "no".

Last edited by MrPlinkett : 10-10-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Watoko likes this.
Old 10-10-2013 at 01:46 AM   #3
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

There was a phase when I tread on eggshells before doing anything.

But then I learned that I probably won't see these people ever again and that there are 7 billion+ people on the earth.

and YOLO

This way of thinking changed my life.

True story.

Yogurt likes this.
Old 10-10-2013 at 02:40 AM   #4
Suspect

Liked: 61 Times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_zXBfKqa20
Old 10-10-2013 at 06:59 AM   #5
Commie42
Elite Member

Liked: 133 Times

Just remember that when you first meet someone (in this case you haven't even met them yet), your brain tends to fill in the blanks about them that you don't know. So while it's totally fine that you have interest in her, when you say things like "perfect girl", "I know she was my type", and "I can't get the thought of her out of my head" it indicates to me that your "filling in these blanks" so-to-speak. Other than her looks, you don't know her, and are subconsciously making assumptions about her to fit your prototypical "girlfriend material". Believe me, this is bad idea and although it is hard, try to avoid making this mistake. In high school, I thought I was in love with this girl for years, I barely knew. I thought she was beautiful and perfect for me. Turns out she had a quite rude personality and we shared nothing in common. Not saying this girl isn't right for you, just saying that you don't know that yet. So in saying that, look for a chance to get to know what you don't know, don't try to look for a chance to jump into a relationship because that really could end bad for both of you. As for advice, I always recommend trying to make friends with someone you have an interest in. My belief is that if you aren't best friends, then how in the world do you expect to be in a relationship. I see far too many people who jump right from being strangers to being a "couple", without getting a chance to really see if they even get along as friends. Beside,s, the one you will want to be with in the end will be your best friend. But this is just my opinion. After being through several relationships, this is the biggest mistake I've noticed that I have made, and seen others make. Best of luck!
Old 10-10-2013 at 01:22 PM   #6
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

If you're getting hung up on somebody you haven't had a conversation with, this is really problematic. The best bet is to just find an excuse to talk to her, such as asking her a question about something relevant to the environment (directions is the easiest); there is no getting around the fact that you'll be scared.. its going to stay that way until you get practice/comfortable. If you happen to be in the restaurant situation again, alcohol might give you some bravado you wouldn't otherwise have?
Old 10-10-2013 at 08:20 PM   #7
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Ask her if she likes cheese.

Good luck!

afi123 likes this.
Old 10-10-2013 at 10:38 PM   #8
Suspect

Liked: 61 Times

Suspect does service for hire, he could help you.
Old 10-10-2013 at 10:50 PM   #9
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Old 10-11-2013 at 05:38 PM   #10
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
The moment I saw her I just knew that she was my ideal type.
Lol, get real. Don't waste your time on a girl that you haven't even talked to.

Learn from this incident and the next time you see *a girl* (not necessarily the same one), act on it. Don't get hung up on a girl that you will never see again. You're better than that.
Old 10-11-2013 at 06:34 PM   #11
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 468 Times

Just say exactly what he says. Keep it classy!

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 10-11-2013 at 08:15 PM   #12
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 165 Times

You're over thinking. A lot of the time I just sit and eat by myself and continue to sit doing nothing even after I'm finished. She was probably just waiting for her next class or waiting for her bus or something. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but she probably didn't even notice this incredible eye contact moment you so supposedly shared. She's just some girl, there are plenty of good looking girls on campus. How do you know she's not crazy? dumb? rude?
Don't waste your time with this infatuation. If you happen to see her again at random, then great! but don't go to the same exact spot every single day just to try to catch a glimpse of her. You'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment. If by chance she does show up, and you talk to her, what makes you think she'll be interested? Even if you're a good looking guy, a lot of girls don't just give their number out to just any guy that asks. (if she has standards, she won't, at least.)
Old 10-11-2013 at 08:22 PM   #13
onedayy

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetyTweety View Post
You're over thinking. A lot of the time I just sit and eat by myself and continue to sit doing nothing even after I'm finished. She was probably just waiting for her next class or waiting for her bus or something. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but she probably didn't even notice this incredible eye contact moment you so supposedly shared. She's just some girl, there are plenty of good looking girls on campus. How do you know she's not crazy? dumb? rude?
Don't waste your time with this infatuation. If you happen to see her again at random, then great! but don't go to the same exact spot every single day just to try to catch a glimpse of her. You'll just be setting yourself up for disappointment. If by chance she does show up, and you talk to her, what makes you think she'll be interested? Even if you're a good looking guy, a lot of girls don't just give their number out to just any guy that asks. (if she has standards, she won't, at least.)
OUCH. I don't quite agree with ur last sentence. I'm a guy and some girls have come up to me to ask for my number. Whenever that happens, I just give them my number even if I have no interest in them. It's not like I don't have standards. I know it's not an easy thing for many people to ask for numbers so why hurt their feelings? It doesn't have to be love, and who knows? I might be good friends with them.
Old 10-11-2013 at 09:01 PM   #14
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 201 Times

Quote:
Even if you're a good looking guy, a lot of girls don't just give their number out to just any guy that asks. (if she has standards, she won't, at least.
So if a pretty boy can't get a number, what about ugly fucks like us mere mortals?

ta2012 likes this.
Old 10-11-2013 at 09:08 PM   #15
ta2012

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlinkett View Post
So if a pretty boy can't get a number, what about ugly fucks like us mere mortals?
LOL

10charrrr